• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizzie Envy

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So anyway I was at my brother’s house last night. He plays golf, off about 12 index, but plays mostly just Saturday / social golf. He just bought himself a Christmas Present. A custom-made set of Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons 4-PW and two matching wedges, 52 and 56. They looked like they were forged by Zeus himself! I almost got a semi looking at them.

He's minted so dropping that kinda coin is no big deal for him, he kinda just shrugged his shoulders and said they will do him another 10 years like the last set.

:eek:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
They're too much like shovels for this kid, but Mizzy's new irons over the last few years have been exceptional.

R35

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I haven't really kept an eye on Mizuno stuff, our pro doesn't stock it, but man those things looks almost perfect. I can't wait to try hitting 'em when he next comes to play. They are 1" longer. The wedges look mega sweet too.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Which wedges? I'm toying with the idea of going with an R series set wedges for next year. I used to have a set of them and absolutely loved them in every aspect.

Good thing I went and sold them. I should have just kidney punched myself instead.

R35

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
Which wedges? I'm toying with the idea of going with an R series set wedges for next year. I used to have a set of them and absolutely loved them in every aspect.

Good thing I went and sold them. I should have just kidney punched myself instead.

R35

Definitely try the RTX 2.0s. Was really surprised how good these were.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The RTX are not on my list, but I did just look them up. They're a much better looking design over previous RTX versions.

Cleveland used to have the best wedges on the planet. The RTG series from about 2002 were pretty much perfect.

R35

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

R35
MP-T5 wedges. Go Google and drool!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This is the head shape that I like more than the T series. To each their own.

2Y9G3217_resize.jpg

R35

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I suppressed my Mizzy envy when I got my JPX800 Pro irons.
Had never hit anything that felt smoother. And then buying the MP-60 heads further satisfied it.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I keep saying that my next irons will be a set out of the MP line...although those JPX (above) are amazing as well. It may be awhile though. I love my irons and since I plan on going 2* weak with my next set, I will have to retool all my yardages. Add that to fact that they are pricey as shit and it makes it really hard for me to pull the trigger. When I start getting a hard-on for a new set of irons I just have to go rub one out to clear my head. :D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
When my DCI981's were stolen I almost replaced them with some MP-30's.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
They will be mine!
They are sweet. I tried them. Basically the only difference between those and my 825 pros is the badging. I saw someone on another forum polished the backs of there 825's and they looked very similar. Go for it IG they feel awesome and look just as good.

🔥 Latest posts