• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Monday Monday

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Alright, no school tomorrow, i'm on for 36 holes, i wish i had my TA1's to break in but theyre on the way, i'm feeling good tonight so i think my scores will be a 72 and a 75, i'm going to hit over half the fairways, three quarters of the greens, and only three putt twice in 36 holes, i'll fill you guys in later, hey hey, a cleveland smilie

:smilie_cl

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
aahhhh, the confidence of youth...

Now, back in my day...

:p

BTW Sling. love the new "blowup" guy - just like my game at the moment!

:blowup:

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
youngun5 said:
Alright, no school tomorrow, i'm on for 36 holes, i wish i had my TA1's to break in but theyre on the way, i'm feeling good tonight so i think my scores will be a 72 and a 75, i'm going to hit over half the fairways, three quarters of the greens, and only three putt twice in 36 holes, i'll fill you guys in later, hey hey, a cleveland smilie

I like it...keep thinking positively. That's half the battle.

Fellow Cleveland dude

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm out this afternoon for 18 as well. I haven't been practicing as it's been crap as far as weather is concerned. We'll see how it goes.

I'm predicting a 74, which means 85 now that i've said that. Depends on the flatstick. If it's there, i'm in good shape.

Cleveland hey? Need a wedge? 51* RTG, minty shape for sale...

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Alrighty then, well, i came out shooting couldn't hit a putt at all, so much for the putts, my driver was average, i was nailing grees but yes, again the putter wasn't working, my game from 160 yards in was on, so i didn't have to putt that well. i was able to sneak my way in for a 76. I stopped had a hotdog and rested about 15 min. then headed out for the next 18 (Being a junior i pay 13 bucks and play as much as i want, AWESOME, and this is a nice course too) I was destined to get over my putter problems, i chipped in twice in 18 holes that helped, i knew i was doing great, nailing approach shots stiff, hitting fairways, on this par 70 course i ended -9 with a 61, i spent at least an hour afterwards working with my putter after and i think i made some real progress. A great day to be young and well,

btw, this is my first round ever under par,

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
Did I read that correctly? Your first round ever under par and it was a 9 under 61??

Whooaah!! Excellent stuff YG!! So when will you be hitting the tour?

How was the hot dog?

;)

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
first of all the hot dog was great, just the fuel for the 61, i won't be hitting the tour for awhile, i plan to make a name for myself at the aforementioned avatar, then i'll sweep Q school, and once i get my tour card and a few top 10's i'll take everyone here to red lobster

:groupwave

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
You know we'll all hold you to that don't you? :D

Never been to Red Lobster myself... tell me, when this eventuates, will you also pay for my plane trip to the US and a week's accom?

:ausflag:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The putter was on today. Finished up on 18 with a birdie for a tight 69. Driver was thoughtless, it just went where I pointed it. All my irons were on too.

This will be the last game of the year for me. You just have to leave off on a good note. I don't think i'll be shooting any better, that's forsure.

I'm not sure what it was, but i found my irons carrying alot today. I was hitting 9 irons about 150, which is long for me. I hit a 7 iron from 175 and it ended up over the flag which was in the back. Made the putt, but i was really impressed with myself.

I also hit a 225 yard 7 wood stiff to 3 feet. Probably the best 7 wood i've ever hit. 2 yard draw and plenty of spin. Ended up about 4 inches from the ball mark.

I was gonna take some pics, but i forgot the camera in the car. :thumbup:

There's not much to see tho. All the trees are leave-less around these parts these days.

So, 2004 gave me 5 rounds in the 60's, a few more 70's and 71's. I worked out my handicap to a 3.2 for the year. I think that's pretty good, as i was aiming to get it to a 5 by years end. :)

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
oh yeah, graz, sure, maybe we'll go to outback stakehouse while you're here, i guess that'd go along the same lines as taking a mexican to taco bell, it just isn't right

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
YoungGun, Red Lobster eh? I know Rock is up for shrimps :) And what about sushi? I wonder what the guys on tour eat.

Rock, you're great! That's a huge improvement!
:canada:

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
so, i just thought about this and i'm confused, so since i'm a soph. in H.S. in like two years or so, do i have to switch my name to collegegolfer the second, (for those of you that don't know him from the old GR site) a real mindblower or perhaps he'll abondon that name, but someone has gotta help me out here

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Make a name for yourself. Like Ian Poulter did. :thumbup:

Young Gun is pretty much taken everywhere.... What about Shot Talker?

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
Young Gun

Stay young and don't take on the College moniker - it doesn't befit you! YoungGun5 will work just fine at least until you're in your 30s :)

As for you Rock...

I am sooooooooooo f%@#ing jealous of your game - when will you impart some of that wisdom on to us mere mortals??

Seeing as you won't be playing in the winter I think you should write regular tips for us here at shottalk...

What say you?

:thumbup:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
rockford35 said:
The putter was on today. Finished up on 18 with a birdie for a tight 69. Driver was thoughtless, it just went where I pointed it. All my irons were on too.

This will be the last game of the year for me. You just have to leave off on a good note. I don't think i'll be shooting any better, that's forsure.

I'm not sure what it was, but i found my irons carrying alot today. I was hitting 9 irons about 150, which is long for me. I hit a 7 iron from 175 and it ended up over the flag which was in the back. Made the putt, but i was really impressed with myself.

I also hit a 225 yard 7 wood stiff to 3 feet. Probably the best 7 wood i've ever hit. 2 yard draw and plenty of spin. Ended up about 4 inches from the ball mark.

I was gonna take some pics, but i forgot the camera in the car. :thumbup:

There's not much to see tho. All the trees are leave-less around these parts these days.

So, 2004 gave me 5 rounds in the 60's, a few more 70's and 71's. I worked out my handicap to a 3.2 for the year. I think that's pretty good, as i was aiming to get it to a 5 by years end. :)

R35

Fantastic year Rock, all that practice paying off. You were a 6 or 7 index a few months ago, right? What's your lowest to date? Just think what you could do with blades ;)

Pity the weather now stops progress till Spring.
I think you could get the most improved golfer tag this year, what say you guys.

As for Young Gun, he's in a differnet league... :golf:
Remember us when you go global.

Members online

No members online now.