• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mongo IMPRESSED!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Today (Monday) I started playing a round with nututhugame until his wife called him and he had to leave after three holes. I played with a real hack for the rest of the front nine until I caught up with the Illinois couple ahead of us on hole nine. They offered to let us play up with them and I did on the ninth hole and the back nine also. Luckily "Paul" quit after the front nine.

I had watched the wife tee off ahead of us on the first tee from the men's white tees! And she CRUSHED the ball. She was late 50ish early 60ish and tall and strongly built. The two were very nice and in my whole life I have never played golf with a woman who could golf like that. She outdrove me on half the holes and I was hitting the ball GOOD. Her husband said she plays boring golf. Straight down the middle and never gets to hit any creative shots. She hit her irons on the green. It turns out she's a pharmacist and I said "okay, what college did she play golf for"? Her husband smiled and said she played basketball for Purdue... and also golf there. And he said after 30 years he was used to being destroyed on the golf course by her. She had to have shot a very low 40's on the back nine. I started out the front nine poorly but ended up really strong and had a 44. I shot a 48 on the back. (Couldn't putt to save my life).... To see a women hit the driver over 250 yards and drop long irons on the green is really impressive. At least I beat her husband.... :thumbs up:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Today was just not meant for me to play golf. Off the first tee I thought it would be, but then the second hole. Oh that goddamn hole. Should be so easy. A short par 4 that the womens tees are at 160. Today it played as a par 3 for men from those tees. After blocking an 8I at least 30 frickin yards right I proceeded to chunk not one but two pitches. Ended up with a frickin 7. Torrible. It's really not like me to totally chunk like that. The ball was sitting tightly on borderline mud with thin crabgrass. If it were dry the bounce would've taken effect and no prob. This was like just jabbing a wedge into mud. Just not a shot I have in my bag of tricks. At least not today. That was on the second hole. On the third I proceed to hit a weak ass slice for god knows what reason other than that I was still so pleased with what just went down on the last hole. "Paul" was not helping my mojo either. This guy really thought that he could flop shot over 40' trees. After watching him repeatedly attempt to achieve the impossible and epicly fail, it was starting to rub off or some shit. Then the wife calls with the great news that the toilet had overflowed bigtime and water was pouring into our kitchen via the light fixture. Time to go. Like I said... just not meant to golf today.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Then the wife calls with the great news that the toilet had overflowed bigtime and water was pouring into our kitchen via the light fixture. Time to go. Like I said... just not meant to golf today.

Next time, don't mount the toilet on the ceiling in the kitchen. Case closed. :D

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I played my home course during Masters week with an out of town couple who could really play; the only difference was they were both in their late 20s. Man played from the 7200 yard black tees, woman, who was all of 5'3", slim, and very pretty, played from the 6300 yard white tees.

Both outdrove me with their matching R11 drivers, and both shot around 4 over for the round, which was their 1st ever on this course.

I'm about ready to give up golf.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
A while back, I pulled up to the first tee box just as a fella and his wife were getting ready to tee off. Our first hole is a par four with a very slight bend to the right...328yds from the whites....244yds from the lady tees. The guy hits it straight down the middle from the whites...about 225 or so. They drive up to the lady tees and this little wisp of an oriental girl gets out of the cart. She was about five feet nothing and weighed (maybe) 100lbs. She took three of the most uncoordinated, awkward looking practice swings I have ever seen. I begin to think, "Why me Lord? Why couldn't I have started five minutes earlier?" Her money swing looked just as awkward as the practice swings. Her drive carried about 200 yards bounced forward a couple of times and stopped 10-12 feet from the hole. She waited while her husband took four more shots for his bogey...then she calmly sunk the putt for her eagle.

When I finished my first hole and pulled up to the tee box for number two, they were just walking off the green of number two. After that, I played the entire round without ever seeing them again. I think that was the Lord's way of answering my original questions. :wow:

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
She was Asian, not Oriental

I actually had to do a Google search to see what you meant here. Apparently, I slept through a decade or so of political correctness changes. Until I read your comment and various Google interpretations, I had absolutely no idea that some people considered the term to be derogatory. I suppose I could blame it on the senility that accompanies old age; or I could just chalk it up to many of my old military buddies who married "oriental" women. I never heard any of them refer to their wives as Asian. I'm pretty sure the wives weren't too concerned with terminology either; because at one miltary Kaserne in Germany, they formed the "Oriental Military Wives Club".

Anyway, if anyone was offended by my terminology...please accept my apologies.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I actually had to do a Google search to see what you meant here. Apparently, I slept through a decade or so of political correctness changes. Until I read your comment and various Google interpretations, I had absolutely no idea that some people considered the term to be derogatory. I suppose I could blame it on the senility that accompanies old age; or I could just chalk it up to many of my old military buddies who married "oriental" women. I never heard any of them refer to their wives as Asian. I'm pretty sure the wives weren't too concerned with terminology either; because at one miltary Kaserne in Germany, they formed the "Oriental Military Wives Club".

Anyway, if anyone was offended by my terminology...please accept my apologies.

The only reason I point it out, is because I made that mistake a few years ago and was berated for it. Now I am very cautious about what I say. Just passing it along ;-)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.