• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More forgiving irons

ProV1x

Why so serious?
Mar 27, 2009
Hey Guys,
Just need some advice. I am currently looking to switch to a set of irons that are more forgiving to the mizuno MP-60s i currently use. I recently look at the Cleveland CG7 irons, Titleist AP1 irons, and the Taylormade Burner irons. If anyone has any other suggestions other than these models I would really appreciate the input. Thanks again everyone!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
How forgiving are you talking? A complete set of hybrid irons? In other words, how much of a shovel can you stand to look down at.

What is your bad shot presently and what are you expecting out of your next irons?

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I have a set of R7 irons that are very forgiving. They are also cheap right now. Make sure you don't try the 'TP' version though.

OP
ProV1x

ProV1x

Why so serious?
Mar 27, 2009
I was thinking more along the lines of a cavity back set of irons. As for shot type my ball striking as of late has just been very inconsistent from previous years where i would hit pretty much every shot flush.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Personally I don't think there is that much difference between the irons available. My suggestion is to go hit as many as you can. Find one that suits your eye and pocketbook and gives you the results you're looking for.

And remeber, a poorly hit shot is still a poorly hit shot, even with a SGI iron, if you push it, guess what, its still a push, even with a hybrid iron. Catch it on the toe, its still not going where you were aiming, and a SGI will fly farther off-line than you might be able to get away with. Just my .02 worth.

OP
ProV1x

ProV1x

Why so serious?
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah good point, I might just work on my swing for awhile now and see where i will go from there.

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
Callaway Diablo Edge Forged, Callaway Diablo Edge, and Cleveland CG7's. I recently hit the Diablos and was blown away by the forgiveness, length and how easy it was to hit them.

🔥 Latest posts