• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More Problems

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
My season outlook took a turn for the worst today, in gym playing football and doing great, 7 interceptions and two touchdowns, near the end of class i go up in the air to knock down a pass and i am bumped to the side by another guy, i try to catch myself but my wrist got turned hard to the hard and i think i may have either torn or fractured something, probably going to the doctors tomorrow, i probably won't go to the custom fitter friday, the nurse said this might limit my wrist functions in the long run.

any thoughts?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If you fractured something, you're going to have problems for a few weeks.

Count the fitting out for at least that long. You'll need time to rehabilitate as well, so count that another couple weeks too.

****ty break (no pun intended). It's cool to be young, bones mend easily. But, if you want to concentrate on golf, knock it off with the football. Just a suggestion. :)

Oh, and delete that duplicate thread. Or maybe Sling will get it before you do. Whatever works.

Keep ice on that bad boy....

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Agreed.

Contact Sports and golf do not mix well.

I am pushing 50 and all of my contact sport injuries (including basketball) are Coming Home to Roost now.

Knee - MCL football
Shoulder - Separation football
Elbow - separation - basketball
Finger - dislocation - basketball

This is hard to accept when you still in school and think you can Rule the World but staying out of contact as much as you can will help you greatly later in life.

Ever heard of Joe Namath?

I tell you honestly that the man can hardly walk now. While this in not necessarily a perfectly legitimate comparison for you - it does represent how contact sports can permanently hurt your body.

And your golf game - which is worse..

Oh yeah one more thing. NEVER, never offer to help anyone move furniture. Whenever they ask always tell them you would like to help, but can't "because of my back".

They will then ask if you have a "bad back".

You then explain that your back is perfectly fine and that is just the way you want it bc you play golf as your hobby.

I have explained this to people since I was 25 and my back is good as gold now.

As long as your back is OK and you can walk reasonably well - you're golden..... :golf:

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
They're both right on this gun.

I play with a guy who could still be scratch if not for his knees. He's been playing golf since he was kid and can still shoot even on a good day.

There's just not enough good days. It's so bad at times he has to walk backwards down from an elevated tee box. It hurts just to watch. As you might guess, his bad knees came from football not golf. He's definitely facing a knee replacement at some point.

And Bravo is oh so right about the bad back thing too. I wish I had told a few more people no.

Good luck with it.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
alright guys, thanks
i like the back thing, maybe i can get out of doing some housework that way

:D

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
youngun5 said:
alright guys, thanks
i like the back thing, maybe i can get out of doing some housework that way

:D

That sucks, dude. New clubs to break in and all. Hopefully things repair themselves quickly.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Hope your wrist gets better. Typically, it takes 4 to 6 weeks, and you're better off if your doc puts a cast, or just a splinter if the injury isn't that much serious. But don't mobilize your wrist, as it'll take much more time to heal.

🔥 Latest posts