• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

more shoe woes

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
sorry, i thought there was a thread around here recently concerning a breaking in period for them but i searched and couldn't find it so i'll start a new one

this is my third consecutive pair of shoes that are messing up

the first two were FJ greenjoys where the heel wore out quickly and left huge blisters

my newest nike sp-3 shoes are so comfortable and i love them, but the top of the inside of the shoe about where from the toe to the laces has "wrinkled" and there are huge undulations, which stick down and rub on the top of my toes causing pain and discomfort at the end of the round

has anyone had this happen? what causes it? can it be fixed? how can it be prevented in future shoes?

my mom seems to think they got wet or didn't dry out correctly, but i have no clue, we're hoping the retailer will give us a new pair but this long i'm doubtful

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If the retailer does not help go directly to the mfg.
They will make sure you are taken care of.

Don

Aug 23, 2005
my newest nike sp-3 shoes are so comfortable and i love them, but the top of the inside of the shoe about where from the toe to the laces has "wrinkled" and there are huge undulations, which stick down and rub on the top of my toes causing pain and discomfort at the end of the round

Youngun5: If your shoes are causing pain, and discomfort, how can they be so comfortable?

As for the FootJoy shoes, they come with a comfort quarentee. Call Footjoy and tell them the problem, and they will correct the problem. I did, and they replaced my shoes with brand new ones that fit great. Cost me all of $5 to send in my shoes. Nike on the other hand didn't help me at all. They have a strange warranty, it's from the date of manufacture, not the date you buy them. So if you buy a pair of shoe that have been in the store for a year, your warranty period has been shortened by a year. Not good.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
meaning they were comfortable before this happened/was noticed by me, sorry for the misunderstanding,

p.s. the retailer took back one pair of FJ's, the other pair was too old

shaun

Toyota Tech
Jul 25, 2005
I have the Adidas Brady and I like them. They are not the most comfortable, but by the end of 18 I'm not in pain or anything.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.