• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More trouble for the LPGA

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
As another sponsor bails ....

From Golfweek article

ADT is the latest in a growing list of defunct LPGA sponsorships. Earlier this season, Safeway dropped its sponsorship of the popular tour stop in Phoenix. A few months later, Bobby Ginn backed out of his contract for the Ginn Tribute in Charleston, S.C., a $2.6 million event. Also, Fields chose not to renew next season, and Tulsa’s title sponsor, SemGroup, filed for bankruptcy.

There’s even trouble in paradise as this week’s inaugural event – the Kapalua LPGA Classic – carries on without a title sponsor.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Ouch.. that's really too bad. I enjoy watching the ladies play. I don't think the LPGA is going to fold... but those girls won't be making near the money they are used to.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i try to get into watching/folllowing the LPGA, but it doesn't even look good on tv anymore. looks almost like some collegiate qualifying event to me. not to mention, there's so many breaks in the year between events? the commentators, forget it! snore......

OP
W

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Several reasons, but the economy is probably #1 right now and add to that the LPGA's large, non english speaking, foreign contingent.

🔥 Latest posts