• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

moron

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Let's do the math. 443 yard hole, marker is 150 yards out, or 293 from the tees. If he hit the marker, he was behind it. And this was his third shot.

A very occasional golfer, I'd say.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
People that sue for dumbass stuff like this should be flogged.... or sacked!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Picture says it for me...
poster853746.jpg

saki

Jan 25, 2009
Why would a course have vertical yardage posts in the fairway? Just asking for a law suit. Surely the course owners public liability insurers (who will be a party to the litigation) must have assessed the adverse consequences of the marker locations.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
We're becoming a society of irresponsibility.

How high was that yardage marker? MAYBE a yard high? The guy was probably RIGHT next to the thing, joking with his buddies about trying to hit the thing when the ball took off. It had to be RIGHT in front of him, in order for it to hit and bounce back hard enough to hit him at eye-level, and hurt him.

This is a case of dumbassery, not negligence of the golf course.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
People that sue for dumbass stuff like this should be flogged.... or sacked!

It's the great American tradition. Everything bad that ever happens to me is someone else's fault; I have no responsibility for it. Someone else (or that someone else's insurance company) has to pay me for it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Let's do the math. 443 yard hole, marker is 150 yards out, or 293 from the tees. If he hit the marker, he was behind it. And this was his third shot.

A very occasional golfer, I'd say.
Yeah, but from the sounds of it, the marker was in the center of the fairway. Probably the reason he felt it was negligent. It was probably the first time he ever had to negotiate how to hit out of the fairway. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think he should have to pay all the defendant's fees, then he should be made to act as the 150-yard marker for a week.

"Wait, let me move!"
"But 150-yard markers aren't supposed to be moved, right?"
"Whack!"

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've played on several courses that had vertical pole yardage markers from the 150 and in, in the fairway.. Some aren't 12 inches, others are around 24 inches.

I don't see the problem though.

Hell, he can't even remember if he was playing with 2 or 3 other friends in the article.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
This is amazing. What a dumbass. He really should be hung up by the balls. I wish I were a judge sometimes.

"So Mr. Sanchez, you were hitting your third shot from 160 yards (stifled giggle) and you failed to remove the vertical yardage marker. Your piss poor approach shot couldn't clear the 18 inch piece of PVC, and it came back and hit you. Seems to me that the pole taught you a valuable lesson. You suck and need lessons. You owe the golf course for the first hour."

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I think he should have to pay all the defendant's fees, then he should be made to act as the 150-yard marker for a week.

That's the way they do it in Europe--loser pays the winner's attorneys' fees. Guess why they have so many fewer lawsuits?

🔥 Latest posts