• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

moron

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's the way they do it in Europe--loser pays the winner's attorneys' fees. Guess why they have so many fewer lawsuits?

Sensible. What happens when you have a viable case, that's understandable, but lose to a corporation like Wal-Mart?

Sphincter puckers at the thought of those fees.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You ask what would happen if you lost a case to wal-mart and had to pay their fee's...

Dust yourself...let someone else deal with it.

not serious...obviously.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
This reminds me of one time I was playing golf at a course near my home, just over the VT/NY border in Whitehall, NY. Its a great course, not because its well manicured etc. It has a run down barn for a club house, not heated either, and if you buy beer at the turn they give you a bag with ice-doesn't get much better.

Anyway, they don't have a huge budget, their tee markers are made of cement that gets poured into bigger plastic cups, once hardened they are painted Red, White, Blue and Yellow. Anyway we were playing the white tees, on the 3rd hole- I pull out driver and just hit this bullet worm burner that doesn't get more than 3in off the ground. It hits the Yellow marker about 10 yds in front of the white and richochets back behind me. It was moving and was about 6ft off the ground. It almost took my partners head off who was about 10 ft behind and to my right....needless to say after we got done laughing our heads off I put the driver away...

Never thought to sue though, that is a bit much...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Anyone can file a lawsuit.

But not everyone can win a lawsuit.

My guess is that it gets settled out of court for minimal compsensation. Or, the old bastard dies before then...

R35

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
hehehehe thats great;)

This is amazing. What a dumbass. He really should be hung up by the balls. I wish I were a judge sometimes.

"So Mr. Sanchez, you were hitting your third shot from 160 yards (stifled giggle) and you failed to remove the vertical yardage marker. Your piss poor approach shot couldn't clear the 18 inch piece of PVC, and it came back and hit you. Seems to me that the pole taught you a valuable lesson. You suck and need lessons. You owe the golf course for the first hour."

🔥 Latest posts