• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Most forgiving irons ever?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Let's spark up some debate and conversation.

What are the most forgiving irons ever? Hybrids don't count, gotta be an iron set only.

I'll go first...I never owned a set, but wish I had, I'll say the original Big Bertha irons were the most forgiving iron I have ever hit.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
21449.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I tend to agree with FWS. My first ace came from a set of '95 Big Bertha irons. I owned both the '95 and the '97 series of them. The Great Big Bertha irons and the Tommy Armour T100 irons were hugemongous. I've actually been looking at a set of the newest Big Bertha irons at the local golf shop.

The Karsten series from Ping were large and forgiving. But, I'd have to say Callaway has had the driver's seat in production of Super Game Improvement irons.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
All PING G series irons up through the G20, the 2014 Karstens, and the new G Max. Wide soles, lots of offset and long from heel to toe. I have owned many sets as well as the Callaway Berthas and the PINGs win out in the forgiveness category for me. Any Adams SGI set as well, however they have less offset.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
All PING G series irons up through the G20, the 2014 Karstens, and the new G Max. Wide soles, lots of offset and long from heel to toe. I have owned many sets as well as the Callaway Berthas and the PINGs win out in the forgiveness category for me. Any Adams SGI set as well, however they have less offset.

Yes, yes and yes.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Just picked up the boy a set of the 2004 Big Bertha irons. He seems stoked, should be very forgiving for him!

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I have the Ping Eye 2 's and they are very forgiving. I can't really give quantitative data supporting that, but I seem to always play better with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've played a number of different Ping models and all were forgiving, even the "players" S59 and S55 models. That being said I have NEVER in my life had a more forgiving, long hitting iron set like the Titleist AP1's I'm playing now. I've never hit irons this good in my life. My 2 cents.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
The Spalding Executive irons are very forgiving and hits the ball really high, One of the most underrated golf irons in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

🔥 Latest posts