• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mottos?

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
"Practice hard at your strengths, just practice harder at your weaknesses." Either that or "Hit the f##king ball!"

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
My personal favorite is:

Je sais que je vais gagner,
Tu sais que je vais gagner,
Je sais que tu sais que je vais ganger.

This sounds eerily familiar, almost as if it was in my sig for awhile:D

Sidewinder, it actually is translated from "focused aggressive tempo".

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Not like word for word, thats how my french teacher translated it into an actual sentence. I figured it out to be something like that, but i asked my teacher and she gave me that.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Not like word for word, thats how my french teacher translated it into an actual sentence. I figured it out to be something like that, but i asked my teacher and she gave me that.

Your french teacher needs to learn French. :) S has the correct translation

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
For iron play, my motto is: "Hit the wall...........pick the ball". I try to keep everything simple............and hitting the wall with my left side does that. Some guys are diggers, and some guys are pickers (like myself):)

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Don't spit into the wind....

Don't tug on superman's cape....

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?:D

"You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim"

I too, am a child of the '70s.:)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
my clubs are like American Express "i never leave home wthout them."

ya never know when somebody might ask you if you want to play.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
A). My main motto when things aren't going to well on the course is 'just play golf' this helps me to keep it simple.

B). When I've dropped 6 shots in the 1st 4 holes in my Saturday comp My motto is 'theirs always next week'.

C). When my ball goes in the lake it's 'drown you little f*cker'!!!

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
VT, are you guys using an internet translator? The reason why i said to sidewinder is because thats exactly what im guessing he did. Tempo does not have a single word changed to in french, if you did it word for word, focus and tempo would have to be in latin, focaliser isnt the correct meaning of the word in this sense.

Not like it really matters, just a fun stupid thing to argue about:). My teacher put it like this to put it into an actual sentence (in real french, no quebec franglais stuff).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.