• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mottos?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
VT, are you guys using an internet translator?

Je suis bilingue. Avant d'être progammeur d'informatique, j'ai enseingné l'école secondaire les élèves en immersion comme vous.

I switched to software engineering beacuse it pays much better.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
How do you get the accents on your computer? Can you program commands onto the keyboard???

I hate typing all my hw and then having to manually put accents in is soooooooo annoying.

VT, whereabouts did you learn french? Ill be "officially" bilingual in a month once i grad with my dual dogwood thingy.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
you can get the accents by using the ALT key plus some numbers.

I learned frech as an immersion student from 1986-1992

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Not really sure if this is a motto or a reflection of my game, but is "F... It" a motto?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
My motto "It's not how... It's how many!"

Over the years I've found the prettiest swing or the newest clubs or the best looking bag or the nice sweet draw or the smooth putting stroke do not always end up with the lowest score. I've been beaten soundly be old men with clubs that wouldn't bring $5.00 for the entire bag full at a garage sale. I've beaten many young, flat-bellies with nice sweet swings. The goal has to be to get the ball into the cup with the fewest possible swings.

How often do you see a single bad shot turn into three. The mind wants us to play from trouble the same as we play from the fairway. The mind seems to think we should have a Tigeresque swing with a Stadleresque physique. Get the ball to the hole. Let ego and pride pound sand. One of the best par saves of last season was a putter struck from 145 yards that ended up 4 feet from the hole. Anything else from under that particular tree would have certainly escalated the score.

It's not how... it's how many! Keep the mind focused on keeping the score down, not the ego up.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
To myself: Nice shot you big dummy!

To my ball: That is not where I wanted you to go!

To my clubs: Ever heard of ebay? Well, you're going to now!!

Seriously, though, I constantly tell my kids "It'll get better before you get married!" It helps them realize that the current crisis in their life isn't nearly as bad as they think it is.

For life: This, too, shall pass. Having gone through a very nasty divorce, I can tell you this one is true.

For golf: Swing easy, score well.

A buddy of mine always has odd sayings. The one I'll never forget is when he tells me/someone "You're as sharp as the edge of town". Nope, never have figured it out.

🔥 Latest posts