• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mouse help

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
after i leave shottalk my mouse retains the last thread preview even when i go to other sites and comes up blocking my view. any help?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
What happens if you close the browser or switch to another application?

What Browser? Are you on a desktop or laptop? If laptop are you using the touchpad or a mouse when it happens?

Does this happen on other sites with say drop down menus or previews?

OP
DouginGA

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
What happens if you close the browser or switch to another application?

What Browser? Are you on a desktop or laptop? If laptop are you using the touchpad or a mouse when it happens?

Does this happen on other sites with say drop down menus or previews?

ok have pc ps mouse. seems any preview the mouse shows, stays with the mouse icon where ever i go.

like now, if i hold the cursor still, i read this post's discription from the list of threads page.

p'ing me off and hate to solve this crap. any quick answers? thanks for the help jayhawk browser is firefox

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Try two things to get a handle on the situation, see if you have the same problem in IE. Boot Firefox into safe mode and see if it is still an issue.

Run "firefox -safe-mode" Then just continue to safe mode, don't make any permanent changes yet. Then test it out.

The Run prompt may be found under the startmenu, or under accessories depending on your version of windows.

First guess if it happens in IE, it sounds like it could be a PS mouse issue or possibly a Javascript issue. Have you recently made any changes with Java?

If the safe mode works you likely have a conflict with an addon, extension or problem with something like Cool Iris??? May need to disable your addons then enable one at a time and look for a newer version. I would first look at Cool Iris if you have it installed and check the settings to use a different control key if you have it set to pull up on hover. Maybe be causing the conflict. I use the CTRL+SHFT+HIGHLIGHT.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... actually it looks like it is now called coolpreviews in my addons.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.