• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moving in May - To North Dakota????

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'm packing up the fam and moving to Bismarck, North Dakota. I have a great opportunity to start a business there, but that is the least of what excites me. There are 8 local golf courses - which may not sound like much to some, but for a population of 56,000 I think it is pretty good. This is the course for which I'm most excited:

www.hawktree.com

P.S. Rock - this means easier to play "the Links of North Dakota" at Red Mike Resort (See avatar)!

WBL - this means I will be there for next fall's pheasant hunt!

I'm nervous but excited to start the business, but it is something I've always yearned for (and have been told I'm to stubborn to work for anyone else) so any advice from those with more experience will be greatly appreciated.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Bames,

Even with the winters, this part of the US is still "God's country"!! Can't wait for pheasants and maybe some golf next summer too!!

:) :)

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Bames,

Even with the winters, this part of the US is still "God's country"!! Can't wait for pheasants and maybe some golf next summer too!!

:) :)

Couldn't agree more. I finalized my decision while being up there for the pheasant hunt and again over Thanksgiving. Golf and a little pheasant hunting...sounds great to me! :D

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Being self employed is a Roller Coaster, it sucks, it's the greastest, it sucks, it's awesome, the biggest thing is to keep the it sucks periods shorter than the it's great periods. I have been self employed for about 7 and a half years, and alot of times I have asked myself why, but when you are in a groove and things are going good, there is no better feeling than working for yourself.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
bames - what kind of business are you opening? Let me guess. Gourmet catering. I've heard that Bismarck is the new SOHO. I'm not kidding.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I have been self employed for about four years, the first year sucked but since I am used to it there is nothing better. Once my current project is done i am picking up and moving to Arizona because Texas sucks!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bismarck is a nice city. I've been there many, many times. In fact, we'll probably go in February. They have great shopping down there, even tho you'd never expect it.

We'll definitely have to play that course. I'd make the trip.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You're going to play a golf course in North Dakota in February? Good luck!!:)

Nah, I head down there to buy clothes. There's a mall there that has a huge ass sale in Feb. I bought two pairs of pants there for $6 once. The last time I was there, I got 4 pairs of khaki's, 4 pairs of shorts, 3 golf shirts and some other shit and it cost me like 63 dollars. All name brand stuff (Dockers, Ashworth, ect)

You can't beat that.

R35

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I bought two pairs of pants there for $6 once. The last time I was there, I got 4 pairs of khaki's, 4 pairs of shorts, 3 golf shirts and some other shit and it cost me like 63 dollars. All name brand stuff (Dockers, Ashworth, ect)...

all from the oversized ladies department!!! LOL

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
bames - what kind of business are you opening? Let me guess. Gourmet catering. I've heard that Bismarck is the new SOHO. I'm not kidding.

I was unaware of that, but happy to hear it!

I will be doing a mix of what I do now (civil engineering) as well as hydraulic engineering, surveying, and any contractual work that has anything to do with water and water conduits. In short, I'm a water guy. We do anything from design and install municipal water systems to wells, to land irrigation, to storm drain systems, to road design.

Isn't my wife lucky - not only does she get to listen to my incessant ramblings about golf, but she also gets to hear me critique every parking lot or subdivision or culvert we drive buy.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Bismarck is a nice city. I've been there many, many times. In fact, we'll probably go in February. They have great shopping down there, even tho you'd never expect it.

We'll definitely have to play that course. I'd make the trip.

R35

Rock - I'll give you my wife's email and I want you to repeat what you just told me! (bear in mind you only get to send this one email - she doesn't need to know that we swung a three-way with Eddie ;))

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock - I'll give you my wife's email and I want you to repeat what you just told me! (bear in mind you only get to send this one email - she doesn't need to know that we swung a three-way with Eddie ;))

Uh....the last thing I would tell your wife is that you and I had a three way...

However, I may have to send her e-mail to IG to get him to stop sending pictures of his wang to my GF.

:D

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Uh....the last thing I would tell your wife is that you and I had a three way...

However, I may have to send her e-mail to IG to get him to stop sending pictures of his wang to my GF.

:D

R35

You guys are killing me...:biglol:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.