• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MP-52

django

Dec 8, 2008
I am new to forums not new to golf, and am hoping somebody out there can help me. I have been playing a set of Mizuno pro II irons since they came out, I tend to stick with something that works, but I was in my local Nev. Bobs the other day and the MP-52s caught my eye. I hit a couple balls off the mat and they felt great, I am wondering if anybody has spent any time with them on the course, and how they would compare to my old pro IIs.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I cant help with your question but i wanted to welcome you to the forum anyway!

I know there are some Mizuno players in here that will be able to help you.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
i have them 4-PW with rifle 6.0s in - and they are SWEEEEET :)

Traded up from MX23's - and they are exactly as I was expecting. Slightly less shovelly-looking, even sweeter feel through impact. Only downside for me is the loft differences between the two sets. My 9 iron yardage used to be about 138 - it's now more like 130. Oh, and the looks - ahhhh, very pretty IMO.

Hope that helps.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
First of all welcome to the forum.

Second I play MP60's and just love them! Have only really been playing with them for three months before the snow came, but they are superior irons IMO. Everything you hear about Mizuno forging is true, I have been converted!! I think the 52's are an excellent choice, and I'm sure there are some improvements to them over your older set.

If the price is right, snatch them up!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hi Welcome to ShotTalk.

I think you'll find the MP52's just as nice feeling and as easy to work with your good swings as your Pro II's. The big difference will be on a bad swing, you'll notice the added forgivness instantly. Although, I'd find out the weighting of the head's, the old Pro II's have a nice heavy feeling head that helps you know exactly where it is through out the swing, as long as the 52's have that same weighty feel to them I'd make the change. Both solid sets of players sticks 52's much more forgiving.

OP
D

django

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, these pro IIs are my first forged irons, the set before were ping eye 2s, and I liked those but these pro IIs feel so much better when you hit them good there is no comparison. Unfortunately I have some time to think and compare, they are forecasting below 0 temps and snow here, so it will be sometime until the courses open again, although there could be a trip in my future. I only need the 6- pw, I finally gave in and went with the hybrids this summer, bought some Cleavland halos this summer, now I wonder why I waited so long. Would appreciate any more feedback from somebody who has lived with the MP 52s long enough to get past the honeymoon.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.