• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

multiple injustices

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
After school today I pulled my car out of the spot and was waiting to turn right to go towards the street; I had to wait for 4 or 5 cars to go past, because they are idiots that will not allow me to merge. A car pulls up behind me and starts to honk frantically. I did not know this person. I rolled down my window, stuck my hand out, and waved at her. She stopped honking, and I was able to get in line to turn out of the lot. There were 3 cars in front of me, waiting, when the "parking lot moniter" knocks on my passenger window to ask me why I "flipped off" the girl behind me. She made me get out of line and have a little chat with her. She threatened to give me a ticket, and take away my parking privelege. I explained myself like this: "I did not know that waving at a fellow motorist was a ticketable offense. When did it become so? They should probably warn drivers that they aren't allowed to wave while driving." She let me keep my parking pass.

The rest of my day was filled with similar injustices. In calc today, my phone buzzed twice because I got a text. I didn't look at it, even take it out of my pocket, but the instructor took it away from me. A guy a couple seats to my left had his phone out while mine was being taken away for being on. Injustice.

Sorry for the long rant.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sucks on the parking police, I got a lot of crap back when I rode my motorcycle to school. *shrug*

As far as phone on during calc...just turn it off. Mine's almost always off when I'm at school, and at work. They are precedenct, if its an emergency, people know how to get ahold of me otherwise.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I dont believe teachers have the right to take away any personal property no matter what it is or what it happens to be doing. That would be like if i wore orange pants in and the teacher thought the orange pants were distracting so he made me take them off.

Kick me out of class, sure, no problem, thats your classroom and i will leave immediatly if asked. But demand my phone? No. I will leave the class before you ever put your hands on anything i own.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I hate parking lot nazis.

I was visiting a friend's apartment and left about 11:00pm. As I was winding my way through the apartment complex towards the exit, I got stuck behind a big, somewhat ragged out brown pickup truck going down the centerline (so I couldn't pass) at 5mph. At least I think it was 5mph - my speedometer couldn't read that low.

Anyway, after about 1/4 mile of this,with me being totally patient (not honking, not tailgating, not flashing my lights, not doing anything but s-l-o-w-l-y following this idiot, and just as I was approaching the exit, he pulls the truck over to the right and I pass him briskly on the left and head out the exit.

Much to my surprise, the big, somewhat ragged out brown pickup is suddenly behind me with flashing blue lights. I pull over, and a big, thick, rugged, female box-o'-bricks deputy sheriff comes up to my window, barks out, "GIVE ME YOUR LICENSE AND REGISTRATION!", and proceeds to interrogate me about why I was driving so fast in her apartment complex, blah, blah, blah.

If she has been a security company drone, I would have flipped her off and driven away, but since she was a sheriff I bit my tongue and listened to her non-stop BS.

I hate parking lot nazis.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
When I pick my wife up at night after her work there is a dude that is really cool, so not all hope is lost! Initially he was wondering what I was doing, skeptical and whatnot, which y'know, 22 year old guy sitting outside a bunch of stores that are all closed for no apparent reason, that's cool. Eventually we got to talking, nice guy, big football fan and golfer, ha!

Anyway, Mike, c'mon man, you know better. No phones on during tests, for good reason. He shouldn't have taken it away, your in college aren't you? That's much worse, but still, no phones on. :p

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
We weren't allowed to take cell phones out of the cars in HS. In one of my college class this chick was having a full on conversation during lecture and when the teacher asked her to leave she said she was almost done with her conversation and he needed to wait for her.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
College is next year. Michigan Tech. :) And it wasn't a test, it was just work time used like a study hall. Next time I'm gonna pull an eclark and fight him.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
You might want watch out if you pull an eclarke it could turn into Columbine, better to be like Jeff and light him up on an internet message board.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
We weren't allowed to take cell phones out of the cars in HS. In one of my college class this chick was having a full on conversation during lecture and when the teacher asked her to leave she said she was almost done with her conversation and he needed to wait for her.

Yeah, we weren't supposed to either. I did, of course, and left mine on silent. Hehehe.

Now college? Well, I have a chip on my shoulder for most professors. Excluding community colleges, many of them are corrupt with the book companies and think they are the boss. Last time I checked, they were getting paid, and I was paying. Yeah, some of my professors agree, some...not so much.

College is next year. Michigan Tech. :) And it wasn't a test, it was just work time used like a study hall. Next time I'm gonna pull an eclark and fight him.

Oh, well, memory is second thing to go.

You might want watch out if you pull an eclarke it could turn into Columbine, better to be like Jeff and light him up on an internet message board.

So what if I flame things on the internet. Its of almost no consequence what I say about someone you guys won't ever meet, or companies(my airline and bank threads, haha), but it makes me feel better! Imagine if I posted everything that irritates me, ha! Oh well, life's too short to be angry. Revelation in one paragraph, my life's changed...I'm rambling.

Anyway, yeah, not a good idea to fight your teachers, believe it or not even some of the crabby ones are crabby for good reasons, and just are trying to help, or be fair, as they see it. :thumbs up:

Just go out and run for a few miles, get it out of your system, :D

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I haven't driven my car since I got to the Sheraton on Sunday night. The traffic here in Atlanta is terrible, most of the streets are one-way, and I'm afraid that if I venture out, I'll get lost, run out of gas, and end up homeless.

On the plus side, Hooters is only a block away and I can walk that far!

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I haven't driven my car since I got to the Sheraton on Sunday night. The traffic here in Atlanta is terrible, most of the streets are one-way, and I'm afraid that if I venture out, I'll get lost, run out of gas, and end up homeless.

On the plus side, Hooters is only a block away and I can walk that far!

Watch out for JD.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Whoa...when did i say fight him?(i know your joking or at least i hope?)

I would leave the room respectivly without any physical altercation.

I dont care if your the friggin pope, you will not take any of my personaly owned items without my permission. The only way it would turn physical is if he physically tried to take it from me, at which point i would break free and leave the situation if at all possible.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
You said that you would not allow anybody to take your stuff, and that image popped into my head, you fistfighting a teacher or your boss. :D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
There were 3 cars in front of me, waiting, when the "parking lot moniter" knocks on my passenger window to ask me why I "flipped off" the girl behind me. She made me get out of line and have a little chat with her. She threatened to give me a ticket, and take away my parking privelege. I explained myself like this: "I did not know that waving at a fellow motorist was a ticketable offense. When did it become so? They should probably warn drivers that they aren't allowed to wave while driving." She let me keep my parking pass.
Maybe I've been around cities to long, but since when did flipping off someone that frantically honked at you for not moving become a ticket able offense? I probably would have done the same to the parking lot monitor for being oblivious to what was going on at the time.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Yeah, we weren't supposed to either. I did, of course, and left mine on silent. Hehehe.

Now college? Well, I have a chip on my shoulder for most professors. Excluding community colleges, many of them are corrupt with the book companies and think they are the boss. Last time I checked, they were getting paid, and I was paying. Yeah, some of my professors agree, some...not so much.

Oh, well, memory is second thing to go.

So what if I flame things on the internet. Its of almost no consequence what I say about someone you guys won't ever meet, or companies(my airline and bank threads, haha), but it makes me feel better! Imagine if I posted everything that irritates me, ha! Oh well, life's too short to be angry. Revelation in one paragraph, my life's changed...I'm rambling.

Anyway, yeah, not a good idea to fight your teachers, believe it or not even some of the crabby ones are crabby for good reasons, and just are trying to help, or be fair, as they see it. :thumbs up:

Just go out and run for a few miles, get it out of your system, :D

I forgot the smiley:p

I'm gonna have to start posting everything that irritates me if I'm ever gonna catch up t othe post count and surpass mike.

🔥 Latest posts