• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Multiple Putters?

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
I currently have the following 14 clubs in my bag:

Callaway Steelhead III Driver 10.5* - graphite reg flex - 275 yds
Callaway Steelhead III 3W, 5W - graphite firm flex - 250 yds, 225 yds
Taylor Made Rescue Mid 3 (19*), 4 (22*) - graphite stiff flex - 200 yds, 185 yds
Taylor Made 360XD Irons - 5-PW - $300 - 175 yds in
Cleveland 900 FormForged 54*, 60* RTG Wedge - short game
Scott Cameron Copy Putter 33"

I've been toying around with the idea of carrying 2 putters.

I feel very comfortable with the Cameron copy I have for short and intermediate putts, but I don't hit it as well long - over 35 feet. I was debating getting a 2-ball putter for the longer putts and fringe putts (I have seen Odyssey copies on eBay for $40). This would also allow me to try out a 2-ball putter for a small $$ investment (trying them in the store for 10 minutes doesn't do me any good - I need to play with one to see if I like it).

I would replace the 60* wedge (which I don't use often at all and when I do not very well) with the 2nd putter. My thinking is that I may have a better chance at securing the 2-putt (and maybe make a couple long ones) with the 2-ball putter on long putts (which I seem to have more than a couple of times a round) instead of the 3-putts I am getting now.

Does it make sense to carry 2 putters? Anyone here carry two putters? Should I just replace the Cameron with the 2-ball for a few rounds and keep the 60* in the bag?

Thoughts??

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I know a guy who played in 2 ncaa championships and used 2 putters. If it works for you than do it.

🔥 Latest posts