• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Munching

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
When you guys are playing golf, what do you generally snack on?

Are you these weirdo types who like munching on bananas, or are you these real guys who sink cans of beer on every other hole?

Personally, I drink loads of water and maybe a can or two of coke with a mars bar or equivalent. I don't think I've ever had a banana while on a golf course. Or a can of beer.

I have had whisky while playing, though. Purely medicinal, you understand.

sdurham1662

Mar 2, 2005
I find that if I drink loads of water, and nothing but water, your stamina increases a whole bunch. And instead of eating a burger or brat at the turn, bring like an apple or some granola bars. Hope that helps.. go Phil!!

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
sdurham1662 said:
I find that if I drink loads of water, and nothing but water, your stamina increases a whole bunch. And instead of eating a burger or brat at the turn, bring like an apple or some granola bars. Hope that helps.. go Phil!!

I have to ask what a brat is where you come from?

here it is a badly-behaved small child. Possibly tasty, but I think i'd be too full to play afterwards...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
My habits are dull...

I almost always eat at home before playing. I drink water during the round. We have two "bathroom houses" on our course which have small covered front porch. On the porch, there is an ice/water machine with cups. We usually load up on this.

At the turn - I get more water. When we finish, I rarely have a drink as it is usually only Noonish and too early to drink.

All of this parsimony and the monthly bill is still usually $500USD.

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo said:
All of this parsimony and the monthly bill is still usually $500USD.

Think how much extra you'd spend if there were snacks, beer etc served around the course..!

Gotta think positive...your club is saving you money by scrimping on facilities...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Kilted Arab said:
I have to ask what a brat is where you come from?

here it is a badly-behaved small child. Possibly tasty, but I think i'd be too full to play afterwards...

A Brat, a Bratwurst, like a sausage cooked on the BBQ. Tasty little buggers. ;)

Me? I'm all about a hot dog and a Snickers bar at the turn. The taste of hog anus just keeps me going for another 9. I usually wash it down with a Dr. Pepper or an iced tea. Once in a while I get a rice crispy square, but only if it's fresh.

Occassionally, I drink beer. But only on special occassion. I can't just have "one" beer. But, when i'm hot, sweaty and down 4 or 5 beers, my game goes into the shitter.

I played in a tournament once where they had turkey drumsticks at the clubhouse. I was so tempted, just for the laugh factor, having this huge ass drumstick while walking down the course.... :D

R35

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Rockford35 said:
A Brat, a Bratwurst, like a sausage cooked on the BBQ. Tasty little buggers. ;)

Me? I'm all about a hot dog and a Snickers bar at the turn. The taste of hog anus just keeps me going for another 9. I usually wash it down with a Dr. Pepper or an iced tea. Once in a while I get a rice crispy square, but only if it's fresh.

Occassionally, I drink beer. But only on special occassion. I can't just have "one" beer. But, when i'm hot, sweaty and down 4 or 5 beers, my game goes into the shitter.

I played in a tournament once where they had turkey drumsticks at the clubhouse. I was so tempted, just for the laugh factor, having this huge ass drumstick while walking down the course.... :D

R35

Ah yes...you guys have HUGE mofos of drumsticks there...I remember seeing them at some Florida themepark a couple of years back. I thought "wtf are those things? someone killed a horse?".
Tasted good, though!

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Lemme guess...birthday drinks last night?

Ha, I corrected it to say what it should have. I was on my way out the door and didn't pay much attention to what I was typing I guess.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
lots of water, maybe a gatorade once in a while, maybe a hot dog or candy bar, lately i have found that packing a small plastic bag with planter's honey roasted peanuts really help me, just a small handful here and there. best rounds seem to come when i have those with me.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Lots of H2O, occasional beer. Lots of trail mix.

Like Bravo, I usually eat before the round, but the trail mix keeps the stamina up.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
If it's our typical 11am starting time on the weekend I'll take a banana, one or two snack bars and a peanut butter sandwich. We usually play at least 27 holes and guy's gotta eat.

We're allowed to bring our own drinks to the course so in the summer I always pack 4 or 5 bottles of water for the first 18 holes and 2 or 3 beers for the final 9 or 18. I don't like to drink on the scoring round but it's nice to relax and have a few beers for part of the day.

Since we all live in the neighborhood and drive our carts to and from the course there's no real danger in having a few beers. Could smash into a deer I guess but it hasn't happened yet.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Trail mix, good call. I used to have that all the time til the wife started eating ALL of it....lol.

I usually buy the all nut stuff. I'm not one for dried fruit. Peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds (roasted, of course), cashews (even tho I hate them), pistachios and walnut mix is my fave. It's made locally here by a health food store and it's just outstanding.

They also sell trail mix bars at Costco here. They have just about all the ingredients above, but in bar form. Held together with an all natural honey glaze. Very tasty.

R35

🔥 Latest posts