• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Must Ho now!!!

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
I just can't go any longer without ho-ing something. I like my driver plus I'm not going to fix my problem with a new one. I love my putter and wont get rid of my bafflers for a millions dollars. So I figure my irons are the best bang since I would get 8 new clubs instead of one.

I would say I need sgi or gi irons I'm a good ball striker I can hit my buddies blades decent but I feel more comfortable with the gi stuff plus I can't work the ball with my irons for anything I try to play a fade and it goes straight try a draw it goes straight.

any way I was thinking cobra sz or s9 even fp2's but am open to all suggestions if I do miss slightly it's about half and inch fat so thats got me looking more toward the sz but any other brands are welcome. I want to buy something buy sunday so yall can ho vicariously through me thanks

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Try some Ping S59, S58 or S57 irons. Kind of between blades and game improvement but narrow soles and less offset. Some of the Mizuno's might work well for you also. These would let you work the ball.

OP
turkey

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
I love pings but I'm kind of a chopper if I miss its behind the ball and all the pings I've tried besides the raptures have thin soles that dig in.

I can't work the ball with anything I can hit a pull or a push but nothing else blades or otherwise so It does me no good to have players clubs twice as hard to it and still no workability give me a driver though and I can hit a hook or a slice just not straight

The SZ's are said to be easy to hit but the s9's are to and they are sexy as hell
Like the look and feel of the ap1's but I think they are a little less forgiving

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Mizzy MX200s? Are they gi enough?

Cobras seem a solid choice though, wouldn't put you off them at all.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
If you really are a chopper like you say you are then those Pings that WBL would work a treat. If you want something you can play without feeling embarassed and ashamed then the mizzy mx-200's or titty ap1 or maybe 2's would be the go.

But whichever irons you decide to go with, make sure you get fitted first.

OP
turkey

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
Has anyone hit the S9 II's they are looking like my first choice but if the sz's are that much more forgiving I would have to go with them. I love the ap1's they make me feel like a real golfer but mishits were jarring and way of line compared to the other gi suff I tried I can only assume that the mizunos are the same.

I was quickly fitted when I had lessons and am lucky that I'm average pretty much all the way across the board so standard length and lie usually work great.

I really want to know if anyone has hit the s9's I have a set if macgregor vfoils as a back up set when the game really falls apart they are easy to hit but look like driving irons

OP
turkey

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
found a good deal on some ping g10's what about them only thing is they are reg flex my current irons are stiff but I have played reg flex before without any adverse effects so I don't know

lol I'm hoing my own thread

OP
turkey

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
Ok going to order something in the morning any last second input I'm leaning towards the cobra sz or s9 if anyone has hit them chime in.

🔥 Latest posts