• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MY AFTERNOON ON THE SWING MONITOR

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The HiBore with the V2 was longer then all other drivers I tested except the Rapture because it was so consistent. It's NOT a pooch with a good shaft! (And a good swing...ahem)...

I told you that months ago!

The only thing that Ping fitter had to say to me was my dispersion was really tight with the Rapture, whereas the TM was about 10 farther for me, but a little bit more erratic.

However, it's soooooo much easier to hit draws and fades with my r7, but that's what I want.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
However, it's soooooo much easier to hit draws and fades with my r7, but that's what I want.

JEFF4i
Exactly. That's why we each like different clubs. You like to (can) work the ball, I don't (can't).:)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
how would a YS-6+ match up in a Hi-Bore if you could guess?

(not that i'm thinking of switching or anything) :emot-ange

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Siberian,
I wished I could!!

Didn't like the 905R. All over the place with it.

Impossible... ;)

Did you hit them outside? Launch monitrs are bullshit in my opinion unless the ball is hit outside at the range.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The problem with the HiBore (well, "problem" is a relative term here) is that it delivers such small spin rates, which in turn make the ball drop out of the sky with almost zero roll. The key is to find a shaft that increases the spin of the drive without ballooning it. And, with most shafts available as options on drivers these days, those types are far and few between.

The Accuflex/HiBore combo is good for 300 yards if I was to step on one, but dead straight. But, it's shorter than my Launcher by 15-20 yards, easy. I've decided to sacrifice distance for control, and so far, I'm pretty happy with it.

The HiBore is a stupid dead straight stick, but don't look to win long drive comps with it.

If you want long, get an R5 TP mated to a mid flex shaft or a FT-3 Tour.

R35

Accra or NVS will help up the spin

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Impossible... ;)

Did you hit them outside? Launch monitrs are bullshit in my opinion unless the ball is hit outside at the range.

vtdivot

You could be right. This was inside.

vtdivot

R35 found the NVS to be a great shaft for the HiBore.

how would a YS-6+ match up in a Hi-Bore if you could guess?

youngun5

I think it would be excellent in the HiBore

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Have found (after looking at my notes) that the Rapture was NOT 40 yards farther then the next best. It was 20 yards farther then the next closest and 40 yards farther then the worst combination I tried. Sorry for the confusion. I was in a state of bliss yesterday. In any case 20 yards difference is alot.:confused:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
so - is it the stick, or the person on the end of it?

It's not the stick. I'm not one to point fingers tho. :D

The R5 TP was named the longest driver on the market today in a recent independent study using human and machine controls.

The Ft-3 has the highest ballspeeds recorded from OEM drivers.

You can't deny fact. But you can question Ez's abilities. ;)

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Yes, but you want to keep spin to a minimum if you have trouble keeping it out of the left or right. The happy medium i finding a shaft that will bump up your spin rates just enough as to increase distance without increasing fade or draw.

The NVS, as you mention, is a wonderful choice. So would the YS-6+.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
isn't ezra strugling to find distance with his R5 TP????

so - is it the stick, or the person on the end of it?

Getting better as I'm improving launch angle. I hit all fades today, a few approaching 280. Keep in mind this is also with an 85g shaft and the first time I've ever had as low as an 8.5* driver. It's going to take some time to get used to but I'm hoping I'll be able to knock a buzzard off a sh!tpile from 275 by springtime.
icon10.gif

BTW- $349 buys R5TP tour issue and both shafts, NT65X,NT85S.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Just to update....the 2006 R7 460 Tour was the outright winner for this year's testing. The R5 winner of last year was far, far down the list.

Here's a link:

BSG 2006 Tour Shootout Results

R35

Damnit... I was trying to use your driver facts to dump the TP. :)

What's up with that site anyway. All the links don't go anywhere. Just crappy reviews, what good is a review. My review says the R5TP is 15yds. shorter than the original R7 and the NT is crap compared to the MAS2. Lol.

🔥 Latest posts