• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My auto insurance went up 21% !!!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
WTF???

Just got my renewal and it went up $65 for the same friggin coverage!!!!

No claims, no tickets, no nothing!!

What a friggin ripoff. Since it's paid off and only worth about $10K now, I'm seriously considering dropping the comprehensive/collision.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What a friggin ripoff. Since it's paid off and only worth about $10K now, I'm seriously considering dropping the comprehensive/collision.

If you do this, let us know. I'll start a pool with the rest of the forum on when you're vehicle will get severely hailed or smashed into by a Mall Utilitiy Vehicle and a soccer mom at the wheel.

In an aside, mine went down 13% for safe driving. Yay me.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Mine was discontinued once because my wife and I had been in nine accidents in five years.

None of them were our fault.

Eff those guys.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Yeah, it's a butt ****. I've been with this same company for 30 years, and supposedly I get a safe driver, air bag, antitheft, and antilock brake discount.

I'd hate to see what the regular rate is.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah, it's a butt ****. I've been with this same company for 30 years, and supposedly I get a safe driver, air bag, antitheft, and antilock brake discount.

I'd hate to see what the regular rate is.

You have to shop around. My wife sells auto insurance and people are constantly shopping rates with her. Your increase is likely the result of total claims vs. premium so it doesn't have anything to do with you.

Don't know anything about Georgia insurance but here you can sometimes save hundreds just by comparing.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
If you do this, let us know. I'll start a pool with the rest of the forum on when you're vehicle will get severely hailed or smashed into by a Mall Utilitiy Vehicle and a soccer mom at the wheel.

In an aside, mine went down 13% for safe driving. Yay me.

R35

the man speaks the truth i dropped my collision in May because the truck was 10 yrs old with 175k on it and i told them i wasnt gonna pay $800 a yr on a truck worth $1500.then 5 or 6 six weeks ago i got in a accident and they said well you dont have collision so theres nothing we can do.(it was driveable but it gave me an excuse to buy a new one)

so i bought a new one.i havent got a total for theyr of ins but from what ive paid and what i owe my ins looks to be about $100 more then i was gonna pay for an 10yr old vehicle.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
One of my oldest friends is my 'independent insurance agent' and he shops it around for me...Alabama rates are very reasonable.

As soon as I get my daugher her own car though - my rates are going to go up 150%...maybe I should keep on letting her get crappy grades!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
One of my oldest friends is my 'independent insurance agent' and he shops it around for me...Alabama rates are very reasonable.

As soon as I get my daugher her own car though - my rates are going to go up 150%...maybe I should keep on letting her get crappy grades!

I'm so glad we're through with that. Ask your agent about good student discounts. Here a B average will get you a lower rate for your kids.

Members online

No members online now.