• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Bag 2008

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, here's what I'm starting out with this year. I have two drivers in there right now, so don't have to remind me.........LOL. Might take out the Nickent and put the Ping Eye2 2-iron back in.:confused:
mystuff2008.jpg
mystuff2008B.jpg

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
I dont see any need for two drivers unless your a touring pro. Even then VERY RARELY. Can you explain?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I dont see any need for two drivers unless your a touring pro. Even then VERY RARELY. Can you explain?
He's wbl's brother....it's in his gene pool!! :laugh:

Good looking bag, ssmokin!!

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
So hit one lower/draw and hit one higher/fade, or diff shaft options which help different flights.

He's not a touring pro or playing tourneys, so why not have something in the bag that can help him out?

Nice sticks sssmokin. I was debating not opening the thread with you posting an attachment... Is the G5i that much bigger than the g2 craz-e? The headcover seems huge...

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Garrett posted: I dont see any need for two drivers unless your a touring pro. Even then VERY RARELY. Can you explain?
There's no need to explain anything. I just haven't decided on which of those two drivers (or 2 others I have) I will be using.
Sandpiper3 posted: Nice sticks sssmokin. I was debating not opening the thread with you posting an attachment... Is the G5i that much bigger than the g2 craz-e? The headcover seems huge...
A friend from work that I play golf with has the G2 Craz-E putter, and they're the exact same size......just cosmetic changes here and there. My headcover is the "magnetic" kind.............don't know what the G2 has. He doesn't use a headcover on his.:)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I was almost afraid to open this thread the I realized it wasn't in the members section...All Clear!!!

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Lots of bumblebee colors in that bag! Those Nike woods work well. Easier to hit a 2 iron than a hybrid?? Thought you were doing well with the Nickent?

The G2 and G5 putters are the same size. not sure what the difference is between the models other than price.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
zaphod posted: Lots of bumblebee colors in that bag! Those Nike woods work well. Easier to hit a 2 iron than a hybrid?? Thought you were doing well with the Nickent?

The G2 and G5 putters are the same size. not sure what the difference is between the models other than price.
Just remembered......YOU have a Craz-E putter too...........that's three of us that I know that use them. I hit the Cobra Baffler hybrid so much better than the Nickent in Kentucky, that it made me wonder. I've always hit that Eye2 2-iron well................haven't been as consistent with the Nickent. Just thinking out loud mostly.........LOL. :)

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Just remembered......YOU have a Craz-E putter too...........that's three of us that I know that use them. I hit the Cobra Baffler hybrid so much better than the Nickent in Kentucky, that it made me wonder. I've always hit that Eye2 2-iron well................haven't been as consistent with the Nickent. Just thinking out loud mostly.........LOL. :)

I made the same switch from Nickent to Baffler. I could hit the Nickent long - but the Baffler was just so easy to hit that I switched.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Adam Pettman Quote:
Originally Posted by sssmokin
Just remembered......YOU have a Craz-E putter too...........that's three of us that I know that use them.

Does that include me?
Holy Cow............that makes FOUR of us. I'm going to have to look closer at everyone's signature from now on.

bames posted: I made the same switch from Nickent to Baffler. I could hit the Nickent long - but the Baffler was just so easy to hit that I switched.
That's what I'm going to do.............hey, I have something new to ho' now. Getting another baffler to replace the Nickent. I originally got the Nickent due to Warbirdlover's suggestion that "it's the best hybrid out there". Wrong.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Was having trouble with my 14* Nickent also. Painted on a alignment aid and all is fine now

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.