• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Bag 2008

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Already going to "update" my bag. I'm getting Ping S58's............can't stand it any longer. WBL's S59's are sweet. Will put in pics when I get them. :thumbs up:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cancel the S58's..............going with G10's.

Split the difference and go with the i5. It is the perfect "tweener"; almost as forgiving as the G series and almost as workable as the S series. If you insist on the power of 10 though then you're in a pickle as, from all accounts, the i10 plays more like the S58/9 than the i5 and the G10 is just a slightly more forgiving version of what you have in the bag.

I'm also a little confused trying to put your posts in different threads in order... :confused:

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
chemboy2 posted: I'm also a little confused trying to put your posts in different threads in order... :confused:
Good............my plan is working. :laugh:

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Got some G10's (green dot) steeel shaft instead. I decided on the Driver after this past weekend (supposed to snow this weekend), so my bag is set. :smilie_pi

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Got some G10's (green dot) steeel shaft instead. I decided on the Driver after this past weekend (supposed to snow this weekend), so my bag is set. :smilie_pi

Sounds like the challenge is on as you and your bro have now picked up new PINGs; although you went it opposite directions. I'm curious to hear the differences with the custom tuning port's new shape.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I tried a friend's G10's, and they were really easy to hit..........moreso than my G5's. If it ever warms up here (snowing now) I'll let you know more about them. They're coming from Ping in about 10 days.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Just keep this thread open and re-post new pics every couple weeks. :D

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
MGP posted: Just keep this thread open and re-post new pics every couple weeks. :D
Hey...........that's a great idea. ;) (G10's supposed to be here Monday from Ping).

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
MGP posted: Just keep this thread open and re-post new pics every couple weeks. :D
It's a changing world out there.................here's the updated bag pics. Still haven't decided between these two drivers which one stays in:
NEWNEWbag001.jpg

NEWNEWbag002.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Are the G5s and G10s very similar? I thought they were basically the same club?

🔥 Latest posts