• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Bag:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I might try to get some pics up later, if I'm not to lazy. Was thinking about what I am playing with and its alot of older stuff.

Driver: R5 TP 9.5* w/Diamana BB
Three Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB1 15* w/ DG S200
Screw Hybrids
Irons: Ping i3 Blade 3-W w/ JZ Stiff shafts
Wedges: Callaway X Forged Vintage 54*/60*

Im going to go take a pic....

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Here we go

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1376960204.196900.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1376960215.412022.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1376960228.856082.jpg

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Those i3 blades are good irons. That was the first set I was ever fit for. Those big square grooves put some major spin on the ball. Doesn't matter if your stuff is older. It's nice equipment and will serve you well.
I have never had a set of irons I hit better. The only complaint I have is they fly high, but thats a minor deal!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I have never had a set of irons I hit better. The only complaint I have is they fly high, but thats a minor deal!

Sorry, Jim, but you just haven't been paying attention. Scientific evidence put forth on other threads, lately, say you cannot have stiff shafts and hit the ball high. In fact, the term "pool cue shots" was used to describe ALL who even attempt to use stiff shafts.
You really need to get away from just trying to appear "manly" and go with shafts that are more whippy. Again... scientific evidence and mathmatical equations trump reality.
As for hybrids. Anyone who is a player, today, hits a 1-hybrid or 2-hybrid off every tee box. Using the recommended softer shaft in driver and other clubs allows you to bench the driver. With the less stiff shaft, your 350 yard drive will become 400. You'll drive past most par 4 greens and take the fun out of the game. The game is much more fun moving up to forward tees. After all, hitting from the forward tees will allow you to wear "capri" pants instead of your cargo shorts.

Oh... nice sticks!!!!!!

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Sorry, Jim, but you just haven't been paying attention. Scientific evidence put forth on other threads, lately, say you cannot have stiff shafts and hit the ball high. In fact, the term "pool cue shots" was used to describe ALL who even attempt to use stiff shafts.
You really need to get away from just trying to appear "manly" and go with shafts that are more whippy. Again... scientific evidence and mathmatical equations trump reality.
As for hybrids. Anyone who is a player, today, hits a 1-hybrid or 2-hybrid off every tee box. Using the recommended softer shaft in driver and other clubs allows you to bench the driver. With the less stiff shaft, your 350 yard drive will become 400. You'll drive past most par 4 greens and take the fun out of the game. The game is much more fun moving up to forward tees. After all, hitting from the forward tees will allow you to wear "capri" pants instead of your cargo shorts.

Oh... nice sticks!!!!!!
1377050079384.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.