• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My balls are really old and dimpled......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Have always enjoyed playing ProV's. The most found golf ball at our course is the Nike MOJO. After having the basket on the back of our cart filled about 1/3 with MOJO's, I started playing them. Big mistake!!! Piece of junk ball that goes nowhere and when it does won't stop on a green... period!

Have a good bunch of fairly new ProV's. But, the miserly tightwad I am, hated to play them. Then I remembered about 4 dozen really... REALLY old ProV's I had collected when playing an upscale course about 10 years ago. I played this course for a couple of years and found numerous ProV's. Stuck them in egg cartons and shoved them on a shelf in my shop. So, I stuck a half-dozen in the bag about a week ago.

These are the old "332" ProV's, probably one of the very first renditions. Figured they would be totally and completely "dead" by now. Well, these low scores I've been carding the past week have been with these ancient balls... AND the ProV's too. :>) I'm hitting them long, as long as anyone else in our regular group is hitting more modern balls. And, they are checking up like they have Gorilla glue grabbing the green. Last Saturday, upset the SIL on #16. I was about 60 yards out. Grabbed the Vokey. Told the SIL "This will hit 3 feet in front of the pin, skip once, and go in!" The ball hit 3 feet, almost exactly, in front of the pin... skipped once... and stopped dead about 1 foot short of the cup.
Yesterday, I was just a few feet off the green on #7. Chipped with the Vokey again. Two of the guys watching started yelling for the ball to stop. Both thought it was off the green on the other side. The old ProV grew claws like a cat when it runs into a mad Pit Bull. Ball hesitated, then dropped into the hole. Cha-Ching!! 75 cents won on that hole!!!!

I've read many times that all golf balls have a shelf life. Assumed these old ProV's were junk and I'd donate them to something like the First Tee. Well, I may just have to play them out this year!!!

🔥 Latest posts