• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My best golf photo attached here...

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
I took this a few years ago, and I thought I lost it.

This is of the 5th hole at Lincoln Park in San Francisco. I was coming up and I got it right in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge. The fifth hole is a steep hill walking up to the hole...
5th hole Lincoln Park.jpg

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I took this a few years ago, and I thought I lost it.

This is of the 5th hole at Lincoln Park in San Francisco. I was coming up and I got it right in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge. The fifth hole is a steep hill walking up to the hole...
Obvious Photoshop effort. You can only get that angle of the bridge from your cell at Alcatraz.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I cant believe they let you out... :D

Great shot there! This picture is as close as i ever EVER want to get to san-fagcisco...
I hope you're joking! San Francisco is one of the greatest cities on the planet. Go there on vacation. You won't regret it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I hope you're joking! San Francisco is one of the greatest cities on the planet. Go there on vacation. You won't regret it.
thats the problem...its a city...cities do nothing for me, i would much rather take a trip to the middle of no-where than go to a city.

Now rome or another city with TONS of history behind it, i could do that, but i really dont think i would like going to san-francisco(plus its a bit too liberal for me)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My parents traveled there a few times and loved it...I plan to visit one day, as well.

Great picture, Spank..and, good job photoshopping out the steel bars over your window!

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
EClark - take a chance

eClark... you ought to check it out. You would be surprised by the amount of open space preserves throughout the area. When I went, I was blown away by how much land is off-limits. Beautiful mountain areas, both with Redwoods and without, with abundent wildlife, and fantastic weather. It's easy to say "For and urban area, they have a lot of area..." but that would be untrue. The truth is that for anywhere, they have a lot of area set aside to remain natural.

Best sunset I ever saw was driving up past Muir woods to an overlook of the Pacific and watched the sun set from a deck hanging 400' up a cliff. Simply amazing.

Don't let your preconceptions make you miss out on the world...San Fran is incredibly liberal, but it's still a great place to visit.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
If someone said, hey, ill fly you out to sanfrancisco and we will make a week out of it...sure i would go, but i am not going to spend my money to go there...i know of alot of other places i would much rather visit for my money is all.

I know i came across very harsh about sanfran...im not THAT against it but i think there are much better alternatives for me

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
While for the most part a city is a city is a city, "the city" (as we call it) has quite a unique charm.

The other thing that draws folks to the city isn't so much the city itself but what is within a few minutes drive; beautiful beaches and the Pacific Coast Highway as well as some of the best wineries in the world.

And, if you're feeling adventerous, you can head across the Bay Bridge and roll the dice in Oakland. :killersmiley:

Spank - Where the hell is Lincoln Park? I'm not a city card holder so Harding is ridiculous, is Lincoln Park any better? I have a buddy that is a member of the Olympic Club so I'm going to get a chance to play there but I'd love to try some of the other courses up there as well.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'd love to do a trip out there and then have a wine adventure a la "Sideways"

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I'd love to do a trip out there and then have a wine adventure a la "Sideways"

Ever since seeing that movie I have thought the same thing. Great film and an area of the world I would like to see.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'd love to do a trip out there and then have a Sandra Oh adventure a la "Sideways"

There, now that's what I'd like (except for the helmet to the face!) :laugh:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sounds to me like we need to get a west coast shottalk trip planned...

I used to head out there first weekend in Dec, I had a pal who lived in Rancho Cucamunga. We'd golf 5 rounds in 3 days, He's since moved back to NS, so now I go to FL.

🔥 Latest posts