• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My best shot of recent times

spin-king

my baboon heart
Aug 13, 2006
Was down in Tonbridge, Kent staying at my grandads. He's been playing golf along time and is a great iron hitter. Well anyway, we went to play 18 holes at Lamburhurst club, and i decided to take half my irons to reduce the weight in my bag. After some decent shots and some embarassing ones we arrived on the 14th - a par 4 with a slight dogleg to the left. I hit my drive down the middle but not very far, so i took another shot to get about 90 yards away from the pin. I like to use a club up than usual when close to the green so i dont need to take a full swing and hack at it. Looked in my bag and i wanted a 9 iron, but had left it in the car, so my grandad let me use his 9 iron just for this shot. Took a nice easy swing at it, lofted up into the air, looked reasonably good, and then it dropped down on the green and sunk into the hole. It was silent for a while because i had been playing below average the whole day. He soon regretted lending me his club becasue i forced him to knock it onto the green and 1 putt to tie the hole, which he didn't.
Just a interesting story.

Anyone else had a time like this?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I was playing with my dad, and we get to a long long uphill par 5. I take it easy and get on in three, but my dad had a rough drive, a second shot that wasn't bad, and his third was about 85 short. He couldn't see the flag, since the end was a steep uphill, but knew the general idea. From there took a nice solid swing, and put it in the hole.

Funny part? We spent about 10 minutes trying to find his ball until someone thought to look in the hole.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice work.

I was playing with my Granfather and father in Kissimmee, Florida about 8 years ago. My granfather is an avid golfer, maybe 70 rounds a year (at the time). My dad probably plays once a year.

The hole in question was a 420ish par 4, pretty easy. A few bunkers guarding the green left, but other than that, straight forward. After a topped drive, a fatted 5 iron he was about 215 from the hole. I was on in two, and standing to the left of the green watched him hit a shot that bounced 40 yards short of the green, roll on and roll 50 feet up and drain for a bird.

Sometimes, so guys have all the luck. :D

R35

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
One time, playing with my dad, I had a 3/4 hybrid shot from a downslope, 2nd shot to a par 5, cut it in there beautifully to 15 feet, and made it for my first eagle on that hole. I still get goosebumps picturing that shot, just........perfect!

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Nice shot by the sounds of it :)

I have played Lamberhurst a few times as a friend used to be a green keeper there - lovely course and really good range of holes in my opinion.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get over there to play since my handicap came down a bit, but it was certianly a really good afternoon there last time we played :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
My best shot of recent times was the 10-yard chip shot that ended up 2-feet from the hole, and putted in for an up-and-down par. My chips usually end up either in the rough on the other side of the green, or just behind the chunk of grass lying 5-yards in front of me, so it was a memorable shot, to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.