• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My budget bag...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
...I've sold off all my expensive & most of my spare clubs and put together a bag on a budget. I currently have £600 in my Paypal account plus 4 other drivers still to sell. This will pay for my little lads Christmas presents (and mine off him). :)

Out have gone my FT9 Tour I-Mix with BB & Matrix x2. The Callaway Prototype's have gone (these were superb), TM Kia Ma, Odyssey White Hot Tour#9, TM TP-Z 60 degree wedge, adams prototype hybrid.

In have come a Nike SQ Tour £60, Nike original Blades £140, Bullseye brass Putter £25, TM LT 2 iron & A Special Grind Vokey 60.p £25.

I've ho'd a little collection of Bullseye putters (2 x Cameron Bullseye flange's, 1 x Standard Black, 1 x Standard Brass) 3 of which arrived today along with the Nike blades! Now I have to decide which one to bag!

Next season's Shopping list inc's a set of Nike VR blades or Combo's and one of either the FT Tour, Nike VR or MachSpeed, gonna demo the drivers at the Belfry and unless they beat my SQ Tour I won't be buying one.

I really need to start counting the penny's as my job is looking a little insecure. At the moment the contract I work on is on a week to week deal if this ends I'd probably get laid off. Hopefully the bosses can work out a long term deal and the happy ho'ing days can return.

Res Ipsa

Nov 1, 2006
I applaud your budget bag. I love getting a good deal. The shock on my friend's faces when they find out my entire bag cost less then their driver is always fun too.

Here is mine:
driver: Adams BUL w/ UST V2 ($35 for the head $10 for the once pulled shaft)
FW: Adams RPM LP 4w w/ Prolaunch blue ($34)
Hybrids: Adams iwoods steel shaft (17*, 21*, & 25*) setup depends on course (approx. $25 each)
Irons: Ping Eye 2 BeCu ($174)
Wedges: Maltby 54* and 58* ($20 each)
Putter: MacGregor M5k by Bobby Grace ($30)

So I typically play with clubs that in total cost less than $375.

PS: I thank many of the members of ST for my budget purchases. The recommendations here saved me alot of money and heartache. Your posts help lurkers like myself more than you would expect.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online