• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Daddy makes more than your Daddy

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sadly...Kelvin is right.

Also, if you want to blame anything, blame the system. And a lot of that is politics now a days, which you have to pay to see. hehehe.

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread. The dead horse ain't gettin any deader.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I enjoy taking my grandson to the Monster truck shows in the area but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "sport". Supercross, sure thing as those guys are awesome with what they can do & extremely athletic.
Yeah I went to a monster truck show once and it was awesome. Supercross is a lot of work, I MX race my ATV and boy once you are done with a 4 lap moto your pretty tired, especially if it is 70° or 80°.

kelvinsense

degen gambler
May 9, 2008
I am always up for intelligent debate :) I do not view any of the comments as rude and it is your freedom to have your own opinions.

Wrong. Maybe a lot of people can get the education required for these jobs, but that doesn't mean they can successfully do these jobs. The jobs are much, much harder than you apparently realize.

When someone runs a school / hiring they do not sit there and watch the person "teach". They look for the credentials and bachelor's degree. I am getting my teaching credentials currently. The same goes with all the other professions. I do realize that some of these jobs are hard, but there are many people willing to work these jobs at the pay they are given. Why pay one person $90,000 a year when someone else is willing to do that job for $60,000.

Watch some NBA or NFL interviews sometime, or college basketball/football. It's sad how truly uneducated some sports stars are. Read the papers about sports hero's in trouble with the law. I didn't say ALL of them, but there are more than a few.

Your Phil Mickelson comment is humorous and no, I was not referring to him.

Again, it is not their personal lives that matter, only what they specialize in doing that they get paid for. I am not arguiing that they are not uneducated, only that they are good at what they do. The interviews do not change how the players play their games.

You're either very naive, very young, very arrogant, or some combination of the three to actually believe this statement IMHO.

Yes I am young. I may or may not be arrogant. But I am not naive and understand economics enough to stand behind all of my comments.

edit: I didn't mean that i am not naive as a whole. I am very young and have a ton to learn. I meant that I am not naive in the matters of economics.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Bah, everyone's naive. Incredibly naive.

At least I go into a conversation knowing my head is up my ass.

**EDIT** See, and I said I was leaving! Gah. Okay, not to get off topic, but honestly guys, and those who think that they got this all figured out. Roughly, theres eight billion sets of eyes in this world, and they all see something different and experience it different every day. You have 2. How in the flying pig land of narnia could you ever think you aren't naive? Pfff.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Anyway, I'm leaving this thread. The dead horse ain't gettin any deader.
.... but it doesn't mean you still can't have a little fun by running it over with a monster truck just for good measure. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
.... but it doesn't mean you still can't have a little fun by running it over with a monster truck just for good measure. :D

Thanks Jayhawk. This thread is a wall...AND IM THE KOOL AID MAN!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I am always up for intelligent debate :) I do not view any of the comments as rude and it is your freedom to have your own opinions.
Glad to see it...you'll fit in well around here. This debate would be wonderful over a beer, but it's tiresome here. You make good points.

Thanks Jayhawk. This thread is a wall...AND IM THE KOOL AID MAN!
Yo, Kool Aid Man...did you intend to say you are greater than your wife under your screen name? If so, pray she doesn't see it...if not, fix it before she does! :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yo, Kool Aid Man...did you intend to say you are greater than your wife under your screen name? If so, pray she doesn't see it...if not, fix it before she does! :D

Pfff, of course I did. He's the freakin Kool Aid Man!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Couple points here.
#1. Who really gives a crap wht Tiger said? Are we so PC now days that he can't even make a light hearted comment without folks getting upset? he seemed to take the lynching thing in stride as well as Fuzzy's comments about chicken dinners many years ago.

#2. Hockey isn't popular here in the states, sure you have a few fans but most of them also play the game. Not saying it isn't a great game or that others can't love it, just the fact that it's not big like baseball or football here. I think the strike a few years back drove away a lot of fans & they have been very very slow to come back.

#3. Lyle, dead nuts on in regards to the NBA & some of it's players. Why do they have to go with the thug style gangst wannabe crap? I think another reason people flock around Tiger is, he's thought of & perceived as a nice clean cut average kinda guy.

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
There was no strike a few years back.
The lock out in 2005. I think the game has gotten better, more speed, more action, more goals, more skill showed. I think the NHL has defiantely improved and the NBC coverage I think has helped grow the sport a little bit.

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
That's because according to Tiger "nobody watches hockey"

Tiger Woods, ambassador of sports (except for hockey) - Puck Daddy - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

I'm officially anti Tiger now. Did anyone see that shot that Malone took off the nose (was already broken earlier in the series by the way, and once before that LOL)

Anyhow Malone came back out with nostrils stuffed with swab and played 3 more periods! Tiger would probably be dead right now.

Tiger is a retard. I have always said this.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.