• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Daughter had a good day.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Played 18 with my 12 year old daughter today. Just me and her. The Wife stayed home to do some yard work. While she's done okay in her first two par three tournaments taking fourth out of eight and third out of ten (she won a little medal that really made her happy), she's been struggling with consistency and frustrated on our full size track.

Today we got to the course early and hit some balls and switched her from her driver to her mother's 3w off the tee. Correct move.

She shot a 47 on the front nine with a par, a triple, a double, and six bogeys. First time under 50 for nine holes. The nine plays to 2,500+- yards. She hit both par fives in regulation but three putted one of them. She drained a 45 footer for par on a tough uphill par four that has reduced to her tears a couple times.

She lost it a bit on the back and tired out for the last few holes, but managed 55 for a true blue, no mulligan, don't move the ball 102. The back plays to 2,700 +-.

I was so proud of her. I could tell she wanted to pack it in after triple/double on 10 and 11, but she stuck it out. We improve her putting a little bit and consistency from 125 and out and she'll be under 100 most of the time in the next couple weeks. She's got some new r7 irons coming with graphite shafts that are going to help her get the ball up in comparison to the junior crap set with steel she's playing with now.

Kevin

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Good going! She might be giving a number of us a run for our money pretty darn soon.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That is great Esox, glad to hear she had a good round and that ya'll had a good time. Tell her everyone on Shot Talk is proud of how she did in her 1st 2 tournaments too!!!! :thumbs up:

Me and SWMBO have been keeping our new grandson this weekend. He is 2 months old now, when should I start building him his 1st set of clubs? :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Me and SWMBO have been keeping our new grandson this weekend. He is 2 months old now, when should I start building him his 1st set of clubs? :laugh:

I'll caddy for her when she goes pro.

And Dubya, carpe diem para golf clubs! (Yes, that is Latin, English, and Spanish).

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Your daughter could possibly win my home course club championship. Tell her to keep up the good work.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
That's awesome! It's great that she can play the full length. I can't wait until my son can do that. He currently only hits it about 100 yards.

As far as building clubs for kids go, we just use the sets you can buy at Dicks etc. My 5 year old and I are going out this afternoon to play 9. It's "different" playing with your kid, because you have to spend so much energy on them, you can't really play a true round yourself. It's still lots of fun tho!

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
this is great to hear... tell her to keep it up.... Our son is 27 months old and loves playing with daddies golf clubs... he has is own set of plastic ones that he has just started to learn how to swing.. every time he makes contact with the ball we praise him... it makes him want to hit it more and harder... i can wait for him to be able to go out and REally swing with me on the course

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
It's an awesome thing to share something you love so much with your daughter. More great times ahead, I'm sure.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yo Kevin ,

It's fun playing with follow shot talkers but playing with daughter/son is something special. ENJOY.:) Wait till Jeff4i gets out on the course with his future tax deduction.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That's fabulous, Kevin. Good for her!

My daughter just started her three hole league at the club. She's learning it's real work. But those one or two good shots...

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
That's fabulous, Kevin. Good for her!

My daughter just started her three hole league at the club. She's learning it's real work. But those one or two good shots...

That's the rub. Getting her to commit a bit more to the work, and focus on the good and not the bad, but those good ones bring some big smiles.

Her new TM r7s arrive tomorrow, so she's real excited about that.

Have fun with the three hole league. Nothing beats doing something you both can love with your kids. Beats the hell out going to soccer games all day.

Kevin

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That's the rub. Getting her to commit a bit more to the work, and focus on the good and not the bad, but those good ones bring some big smiles.

Her new TM r7s arrive tomorrow, so she's real excited about that.

Have fun with the three hole league. Nothing beats doing something you both can love with your kids. Beats the hell out going to soccer games all day.

Kevin

That's precisely why we're big on life sports. We want stuff we can all do together. I only wish my son was willing to play. He used to take lessons and such, but anything requiring an eleven year old boy to focus and concentrate...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online