• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My day... my week... ruined!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Yesterday's Parade Magazine had a short note about the lady who played Ellie Mae Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies. She just turned 75 years old!!! I'm devastated!!!!

Ellie Mae was one of the original "blondes" of television. She was the heart throb of many a strapping young lad. Ellie Mae was the reason "over the shoulder boulder holders" was coined. Her "assets" were remarkable!! At 75... those same "assets" are probably rubbing blisters on her knees!!!

75 years old!! As I have aged, 70 doesn't sound very old any more. 70 seems closer... and younger... and more manageable... every day. UNTIL, we find someone we picture as the young vixen she was on the tube... instead of modeling tight "hillbillie" clothing, being a model for Depends!! It can't happen!! It can't be!! Ellie Mae just, simply, can't be 75 years old!!!

Ms. Hathaway... Granny... Jeb... Sure, some got old... some weren't so lucky. Yet, you could picture any of those characters as "nursing home fodder". Not Ellie Mae. She should be forever young!!

The article did say she was still residing on her own ranch, caring for animals that had been abused or abandoned. I do hope her a long and good life. She just has no idea how badly her attaining the ripe old age of 75 has burst my bubble!!!!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I hear ya Limp, have you seen a recent picture of her? If not, you don't want to. :faintthud

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Donna Douglas

awww.starpulse.com_pictures_2007_02_20_previews_Donna_20Douglas_SGG_042224.jpg

wow, the word "Spoiler" is perfect!

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
You young dudes may not realize it but there were actually hot chicks on TV long before you were born! :laugh:
elly_may_clampett.jpg

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm crushed! Please tell me that ain't Ellie Mae.

I'd still do her.:mgw:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You young dudes may not realize it but there were actually hot chicks on TV long before you were born! :laugh:

You're full of it! That picture is all black and white, there are no black and white T.V.s!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You're full of it! That picture is all black and white, there are no black and white T.V.s!

Folks moved us into our first house with running water in 1951. Before that, only "outdoor plumbing". If you've never had to use a "thunder bucket" at night or during a storm when it's difficult to get to the outdoor toilet....

Folks didn't have a television until I was a sophmore in high school. Grandparents got one a year before. Both were black and white. Both had antennaes on the roof with "rotors" on the top of the TV. If we turned the antenna to the northeast, could get CBS. If we turned it to the soutwest, could get ABC and NBC. Only those three channels... if the weather was suitable.

Spent many an evening listening to "Gunsmoke" or "Yours truly, Johnny Dollar" or "Mr. and Mrs. North" or any of the other evening radio dramas when the TV reception was too bad to see anything.

If the tv went 'on the blink', you just pulled some tubes out of the back and took them to town. The drug store had a tube tester. Could plug them in and find which one was bad. Sometimes they had the replacement... sometimes they had to order it and it would take a couple weeks. Televisions and telephones had replaceable parts... lasted a lifetime... unlike the engineered obsolescence of today.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ellie May was definitely hot, she was the 1st Daisey Duke.

But lets not forget Barbara Eden, I Dream of Jeannie !!!

And she still looks hot!!!!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Ping, my kids think i'm bsing them when I say we had no video games, no color tv, etc. We had a 19" black & white and we were allowed to watch "Family Affair" and that was about it. Same deal with the rooftop antenna only ours didn't rotate & we got 4 channels including PBS. Didn't get a color tv until I was 13 yrs old.

Hell my 1st car was 66 Chrysler Newport with an add on underdash 8track player that was the coolest thing around at the time.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Hey Limp, you could probably watch all the episodes with your knee rehab and all?

🔥 Latest posts