• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Day to Play at Pebble Beach

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

That's me on the par-5 18th hole at Pebble Beach.​
(From the archives. The PGA Tour heads to the Monterey Peninsula for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am this week. I checked Pebble off my bucket list in December 2012.)

Caddie Mike and me.​
"YOU CAN BREATHE NOW, NEIL." That was our caddie, Mike, talking after I hit my first tee shot at Pebble Beach this morning. First-tee jitters are normal. This was far different, though. THIS WAS PEBBLE! And not only that, this first swing of the day was on the famed 18th along the Pacific Ocean, our beginning hole in the shotgun start.

I led off and just silently prayed I could stay steady enough over the ball to put it somewhere in the fairway. And I did. A lifetime golf quest was fulfilled today. A bucket-list item was crossed off the list.

It was a gorgeous day at Pebble Beach. It's sensory overload, admittedly overwhelming—in a good way, of course! I tried to take it all in and also play some respectable golf. I mostly gave up on the latter goal fairly early and focused more on reveling in the experience, taking in the breathtaking views and enjoying the golf holes that were so familiar to me after seeing them year after year on television.

Many thanks to Nancy, Steve and Shawn, my playing partners from Lexus. I’ll always remember the sunny December day I played Pebble Beach Golf Links.

Nancy Hubbell, my terrific golf partner and new friend.​

Source: My Day to Play at Pebble Beach

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.