• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Delemma

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
When I golf with strangers all is okay because I won't probably ever golf with them again and I shoot okay. The problem is when I golf with nut or others that I know I'm trying to prove to them that I can shoot these scores. I doubt nututhugame believes I can for instance because I've never done it with him that I can recall. Heck, if it were me I wouldn't believe I could do it based on what I've seen. That's my dilemma.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I BEAT MY DELEMMA! I've been shooting outstanding (by myself) for me lately. 85, 84, 85, 80. The back nine of the 80 I was one over going into the last hole and of course double bogeyed it. Today I finally went out with my son-in-law who normally shoots close to my scores. It was his first time out so he had a 49 and a 48. I shot a 42 on the front and a 40 on the back! With someone along with me! Eureka! SIL (Lee) and I don't hit mulligans or cheat since we are usually close and we compete. Got him by 15 strokes! Whoo hoo! I have a witness! Had an old couple as witness to my 80 but didn't get their names.

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
I have this same problem , I'm too competitive. I know I can shoot low to mid eighties..... alone..... When I play with others, I go to hell. I can not shake the thought of people watching. Last weekend I shot 94, went back the next day by myself and shot 84. Very frustrating, I feel your pain.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm playing so much this summer (and getting paired with strangers) that I think I'm beating this thing.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I play better usually with strangers or by myself. When I was with E and Fitz my putting was embarrasing and pretty much so was the driver. What I did compared to what I can do with driver is laughable, but ya have to hit the ball with the center of the face... and I didn't. Trying to kill it or something... I don't know. The putting really irks me though. Last year I was a consistently decent putter. It would save me sometimes. Either way, I am trying to find small chunks of time here and there just to get reps in with the putter and wedges, trying to get back to where I was or even better. In front of anyone or nobody.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
nut, try a short putter with a big grip on it. It's amazing.
43" Belly #7 cut to 36" w/oversize Winn. Didn't really do anything outstanding. Pulled Winn. Cut to 33 1/2". Installed SuperStroke Fatso. Wow! The belly head and what's left of the shaft adds weight. I've probably got a little over a dozen rounds on it. I've not putted this well in years. Scramble, last weekend. Made some 15 to 20 footers that had the others in the group wondering if the putter was even legal.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm playing so much this summer (and getting paired with strangers) that I think I'm beating this thing.
That's one advantage of getting to our age, WBL... No matter how many times we've played with folks we tee it up with, to us they're strangers. Memory is one of the first things to go.....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.