• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My driver decision... made for me

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I might end up going with an R9 460. My boss's son had his out today. Has the 9.5* and has 2 shafts. The stock Aldila in an X and the Motore F1 TP shaft in 65S. That Motore kicks ass. It's like morphing the 757 with a VS Proto 80G to me. Tip is stiff as all hell. I hit a bomb carrying well over 260 with it on a par 4. 452yd. hole, inside the 150. He had it set to upright and the face looked a tad shut maybe. It setup beautiful.

Anyway. He's got adaptors on both shafts and doesn't like the Motore at all. I might buy that off him then get the 460 or the 420 head.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well Ez, I am still bagging the R9. Been at least 20 rounds and I am still loving it (possibly a modern day record). I was striping it all day today with just a nice baby cut.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I really liked the Motore. Some dude had a 10.5* TP with the Motore in it on WRX. If the dipstick who won my BurnerTP ever pays I might just snag it. It's going to get too expensive to get head/shaft seperate. I can get the 420cc head with the adaptor, weight kit and cover for $200 but then have to buy the shaft.

Lyle, you got the 420 or 460? Have you hit the Motore F1 65g? The real one.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I have the 420. Yes, I have hit the real motore. I liked it, but not as much as I like the pype. The pype just feels more stable to me.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I hit the 420 with the Motore on the LM at Dicks on Sunday. Too much launch and too much spin for me. I got better numbers with my FT-i. Is that even possible????

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Sometimes with too stiff a combo you will subconsciously flip at impact causing the increased spin and launch numbers. Also if you hit the non TP version of the club you got the soft tip, high launching stock version of the motore.

🔥 Latest posts