• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first Callaway golf equipment purchase...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was hesitant to try Cally gear a few years ago, but they are starting to win me over. Their irons have always been great, maybe not for everyone, but they definitely are long and forgiving, and their newest offerings are flat out sexy as hell.

I wasn't ready to trade in my mizzys just yet tho, so I had to settle for one of these instead:

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.CLUBS.Wedges.XTourWedges.html

I have never hit one, I played a round with the forged + that was on demo at my club and got on great with it, and everything I've read a out the new version has been excellent.

I am still not ready to take the plunge into hoselless drivers tho ;)

JasonM

May 27, 2007
I went full out Cally when I first got into the game - Got x-12's, warbirds, etc... You're right, they're Irons are long, I was sad when I got my forged blades because my x-12's were easliy 15 yards longer.

I tried the X-tour on demo day, again, crazy long..I was hitting the 5-iron 205, Only hit my alpha like 185 :( But ya, great equipment!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
<rant on>

Callys are long because some of their iron lines are really low lofted. The PW lofts are 45*/46*. Compared to other lines of clubs with PW lofts in the 47*/48* range of course they are going to be longer. Compared to 70's/80's technology and 50* PW's they are super long. Of course, the current line PW is more equivilent to an old school 8 iron but that does not sell clubs, does it? Now you need to buy a gap wedge to get a loft equivilent to an old school PW.

<rant off>

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
tim, here's the problem I see with your post...

It should be <rant on> your rant <rant on/>

Other than that I agree ;)

The new wedges are sexy tho :D

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
tim, here's the problem I see with your post...

It should be <rant on> your rant <rant on/>

Other than that I agree ;)

The new wedges are sexy tho :D

The last few versions of the wedges have been sweet. Roger Cleveland has been turning out some good stuff. The X-Forged look awesome as well, a lot less "Callaway" like. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I love my "X" 4-wood more and more as time goes on. I'm getting very tempted to try out the 13° "X-Tour". If I could hit that club as well as the 4-wood I would dump my driver and never look back.

🔥 Latest posts