• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My First Driver

adpostel

Jul 17, 2008
I just started playing a couple of months ago and I just ordered my first driver. I went to Golfsmith to try out a bunch of drivers and I really liked the Cobra Speed. Second on the list was the Cleveland Hibore. I just won a "very good" condition Cobra Speed F driver on ebay for 67 bucks. It has the stock Aldila regular flex shaft and is 10.5*. Looking forward to some longer drives, as I've been teeing off with a 19* hybrid. I hit the driver well in the cage at GS, hopefully it will transfer to the course. Oh and my clubhead speed on the monitor was 80 to 83 mph. I was hitting it right at 200 to 220 yards based on the monitor. Hopefully that will improve as well. I'm excited......

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
They sound like realistic stats, good luck with the F Speed, it's a nice club and as long as you don't try and mash the hell out of it you should be able to look forward to some shorter approach shots from the cut stuff.

Keep us updated.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good luck with it. I recently picked up a Cobra and like it a lot. Also, a guy I play with has that driver. It really helped him a lot. He definitely hits it longer and straighter than his old one. Hope you get the same results.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Good luck with it! Let us know how it works out.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.