• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first eagle!!!!

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Yesterday was my second round of the year (I played twice this weekend).
Played poorly, shot 22, short game was to blame.
But on the 13th hole par 4 290 yards, playing from the blue tees, I really nailed my drive, and almost reached the green. I was about 8 yards from the pin, on fluffy rough.
A lady friend of my mom who was playing with me thought it was my second shot, but she was quite impressed it was my drive. Heck, I was impressed too :cool:
So she says "you're going to chip for eagle?"
I say "yeah why not, but I suck in chipping"
"So birdie is good then".
I take my stance, practice swing, and chip it, very relaxed, and without a care in the world I'm chipping for eagle. Nice contact, the ball hops twice on the green, rolls, hits the pin dead center, then falls in.
"Eagle! Eagle! Wooohoooooooo!"

My first eagle since I've played golf. Even though I've made no birdie, one par, and lots of bog and doubles, this certainly made my day, lol, my weekend, and more than makes up for the sloppy play.
So who wants beer? :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Congrats Loop. I'm still waiting for my first so thanks for sharing yours. Oh, I'll take that beer.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Good stuff Loop. I remeber my first eagle, such an awsoe feeling. Like hey mayeb I can actualy playa little bit. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Word up. Eagles are always great. If you freaked on the chip in, just wait til you drain one from the fairway. It's tough, but it does happen. It's almost better than an ace!

I'll have a beer as well. :p

R35

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks guys.
What makes it special is that it's the second time of my life I chip a ball in the hole.
And also, when teeing off, I just changed the ball to a new Pinnacle Gold. I've stored the ball away, and it's only been hit twice. :p

Here you are guys, my favorite beer
awww.beermania.be_beer_images_leff_blonde.jpg

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
an eagle from the rough is best though, thats where i got my first from, i'm still waiting to hole out a bunker shot, and lately they've been coming really close

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I holed a buried lie out of the bunker in a tournament two years ago. It envisioned the shot, executed and it went in.

It almost looked like I knew what I was doing.... :)

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
I holed a buried lie out of the bunker in a tournament two years ago. It envisioned the shot, executed and it went in.R35

These are the most satisfying of all...when you see it happen before it happens...

Michael Jordan indicated it was one of his most important skills.

Mister Bater

Jan 13, 2005
Loop said:
Yesterday was my second round of the year (I played twice this weekend).
Played poorly, shot 22, short game was to blame.
But on the 13th hole par 4 290 yards, playing from the blue tees, I really nailed my drive, and almost reached the green. I was about 8 yards from the pin, on fluffy rough.
A lady friend of my mom who was playing with me thought it was my second shot, but she was quite impressed it was my drive. Heck, I was impressed too :cool:
So she says "you're going to chip for eagle?"
I say "yeah why not, but I suck in chipping"
"So birdie is good then".
I take my stance, practice swing, and chip it, very relaxed, and without a care in the world I'm chipping for eagle. Nice contact, the ball hops twice on the green, rolls, hits the pin dead center, then falls in.
"Eagle! Eagle! Wooohoooooooo!"

My first eagle since I've played golf. Even though I've made no birdie, one par, and lots of bog and doubles, this certainly made my day, lol, my weekend, and more than makes up for the sloppy play.
So who wants beer? :D

very good indeed young Loop! VERY GOOD!

Was your mom's frend a hottie and did she reward you?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Geez Rock, that sounds like the eagle I got on the par 3 ;)

Awesome Loop...time to start racking them up for the tournament! (don't use them all up until the tourney's well underway!)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
I holed a buried lie out of the bunker in a tournament two years ago. It envisioned the shot, executed and it went in.

It almost looked like I knew what I was doing.... :)

R35

No need to get carried away. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I knew you'd say something about that.

I've only done it once. Total fluke... ;)

R35

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I've holed a bunker shot once, but it was for par. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.