• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first putter refinish

BHS Golf Kid

Aug 8, 2008
Had an old putter sitting around ping answer style and decided at 16 to start my first putter refinish. I stripped it of the black paint and took the letters of the manufactuer off the bottom. I am going to totally customize the putter with my last name on the bottom, mill the face and am also going to do paintfill. Here are a few pics of tonights work. It took alot of grinding and polishing to make it that shiny lol. If you have any ideas of what color I should make it or what to do on it I am open to all ideas I just want to make this putter look really cool.
biggrin.gif
I was hoping to be able to flame the putter but after I stripped it of the paint it ended u being made of aluminum.
russian_roulette.gif
So I am looking for new awesome looking ideas. Thanks guys! Sry the pics arnt so great I took them with my phone.
Kaleb

ai350.photobucket.com_albums_q421_BHSHockeyKid_1.jpg

ai350.photobucket.com_albums_q421_BHSHockeyKid_2.jpg

ai350.photobucket.com_albums_q421_BHSHockeyKid_3.jpg

ai350.photobucket.com_albums_q421_BHSHockeyKid_4.jpg

ai350.photobucket.com_albums_q421_BHSHockeyKid_5.jpg

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Your initials engraved in the back of the putter would look cool especially if done in the right paint scheme.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
It'd probably look better if it wasn't in the....DARK!!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So, you took an Anser putter, threw a new finish on it and stamped your own name on the bottom.

Gotta give the kid some props, Cameron did this and the lemmings followed in DROVES. :biglol:

Looks pretty good for your first time. Throw a shaft in there and take some pics outside. It'll gleam in the sunshine! :)

R35

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Be cautious not to have a glare on the top line.... first time you set up for a 6 footer for par that you really NEED (for $ or just to score well) and the sun is as such that you blind yourself with the glare off the putter, you'll miss it for sure.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.