• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first time lesson success story

vr4nothing

Jan 10, 2009
I just returned from my first lesson and had a great time! I mentioned earlier that I've never swung a golf club before in my life, and I told the pro exactly that. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke or if it was the truth, but he said that based on how well I was doing I should definitely keep playing golf and seemed almost surprised that I hadn't played before. I hit close to 200 balls and about 50 of those were perfect shots -- dead straight and 80 - 90 yards with a pitching wedge.

I was trying to knock the hell out of the ball at first, and once he told me to swing slower and only take my backswing to what I felt was halfway I started to hit well. :beach3:

I'm more than glad I chose to take a lesson before anything else or I would have been terribly frustrated. As it is, I can definitely see myself keeping up with this as a new hobby.

So, to anyone who hasn't... spend the $50 and get a lesson!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Congratulations. That's great. I waited a long time to take lessons and glad I did it. I still go back to things I learned from them all the time.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If I would have started out with lessons 40+ years ago I'd be on the senior tour now!! :D Very smart way to go. :thumbs up:

Now if I could get my son-in-law to listen to and do the things I tell him he'd be doing much better. He's still doing okay for his first year (100-115).

:D

themick

Jan 21, 2009
yes lessons are definately a great way to go, the pro over at my local course has a great style, and he really gave me a blueprint of what to do, hes pretty reasonable too, $30 for one lesson or $90 for four. I've only taken one and it has really improved my game but i plan on going back soon.

Members online

No members online now.