• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first tourney victory!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Our club manager started a Wed. nine hole tourney 4 weeks ago and last night was my third time to play in it and I won big.

It's a $15 entry with $5.00 for a skins bet, $5.00 for low net and $5.00 for a blind team low net.

I shot a gross score of 4 over which left me -4 under for my net. I also won two skins with a one natural birdie and one net birdie, and to top it off I won the low team net as well.

Here's the final tally.

Low Net = $30.00
Low Team Net = $20.00
Two Skins = $40.00

Grand Total = $90.00 for the golf stash. There might be a lob wedge in my future.

Only 12 guys entered this week but it's still my first win so I'm letting myself enjoy it just the same.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What's with these 9 hole tourneys? No stamina lads? Or is it if your name is Dave you can't handle more than 9 holes?

Only kidding. Well done, sounds like a sterling score!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
What's with these 9 hole tourneys? No stamina lads? Or is it if your name is Dave you can't handle more than 9 holes?

Only kidding. Well done, sounds like a sterling score!

Tisk .... not gonna bother rising to it ...How short yer memory is .. twas only a few months ago when we sat in that pub in Portstewart ... you were taking copius notes as I extolled the virtues of Quality against Quantity... Mrs IG was to be the main beneficiary if memory serves ...

Congrats Dave .... great play .... 90 notes burning a hole in yer pocket ey ?? Spend it quick before laundry day comes around and herself get the reward from the fruits of yer labour!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice work, D.

Remember, Cleveland Launcher 8*, Adila NV in Stiff flex. Don't worry about the grip.

I'll send you my address once you pick it up. :D

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Nice work, D.

Remember, Cleveland Launcher 8*, Adila NV in Stiff flex. Don't worry about the grip.

I'll send you my address once you pick it up. :D

R35

OK got it, let me just make sure I have the spelling right.

It's C-L-E-V-E-L-A-N-D C-G-1-0 6-0 d-e-g-r-e-e w-e-d-g-e, right? :D

Thanks for kind words guys. Oh yeah, it's nine holes because our club manager doesn't want to hang around till 8:30 to add up the scores. Well that and one of the guys that plays is about 110 years old and I think there trying to not kill him in the summer heat.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Well that and one of the guys that plays is about 110 years old and I think there trying to not kill him in the summer heat.

So you beat a bunch of senior citizens out of 90 bucks?

Hey, nice work. :D

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
So you beat a bunch of senior citizens out of 90 bucks?

Hey, nice work. :D

R35

What really sucks is that I didn't win a dime the first two weeks.

I was thinking about the scorecard and the round just confirms what we all know. The short game is everything. I didn't hit one good drive all day but used only 14 putts in the nine holes. Four one putts, three to save par and one for birdie.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
So now the "Bagger Dave Club" has two members...one from Texas and one from the Land of the Leprecaun...

Good shooting....and I like the fact that you got cold hard cash.

I have $100 credit in the pro shop but have equipment needs that run into the thousands...

Good luck next week....Bagger.

🔥 Latest posts