• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My game is down the gutter...

Lefty_SnowBird

Jul 6, 2009
I just need to vent a little here... For several years now, i've been a 6-7 handicapper with very low variance in my games. Never really went low, but never really high. 95% of my games were between 77 and 83.

Last xmas, my parents got me a 3 hours of golf lessons...the first lessons of my life. At first, the changes he made me work on felt really awkward, but I grew up into liking them and the improved ball flight, so I went with it.

At the range now I can really hit it well and am comfortable with the new swing. But man, I think it messed something up my head to struggle so much earlier this year and now I cant align 2-3 good shots in a row on the course.

I've been shooting mid 80's all year except for one 77 and today, I shot a 90 on a course i'm used to do well at. So now wtf do I do to regain some confidence? I don't think going back to the old swing is a solution...

We have a golf trip to AZ planned in October and if my game doesn't improve, i better enjoy the beer or it won't be as much fun as expected...

Stupid game! :killersmiley:

OP
L

Lefty_SnowBird

Jul 6, 2009
Played again this morning...shot a wonderful 87... it's usually one of 3 things that happen on a hole.

1- I drive in a hazard or OB
2- If my drive is right down the middle, i'll shank a long iron on a par 5 or completly miss the green with a short iron
3- If I hit the green in regulation, I 3-putt.

I very rarely do all of these things on the same hole...but I also very rarely don't do any of the above on a single hole.

Something is seriously messed up in my head...I'm starting to hate this game.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.