• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My home course has a website.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice track. But what the hell is this, are you stealing wildlife from Canada? :D

R35
db_family_outing1.jpg

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
They are the guards of the course, nasty little F'ers!! :) You can gladly have them back, infact you should be forced to come over here and TAKE the little f*ckers home. ;)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Really? They are pretty decent at my home course, don't bug anyone and stay out of the way.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
You can gladly have them back, infact you should be forced to come over here and TAKE the little f*ckers home. ;)

Really? Goose can be excellent if properly roasted and stuffed. Pretty good wing shooting sport too.

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Looks like a really nice course!
M60 - is that the road that goes from Manchester airport to the West??

I was out in Britain a few years back and spent some time in Cheshire County.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Looks like a really nice course!
M60 - is that the road that goes from Manchester airport to the West??

M60 is a new-ish motorway that orbits manchester. M62 is the east to west motorway. Did you play anywhere in Cheshire?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Very nice looking course. Here's the one I play if you want to see. It's really cool to see what courses look like over there as opposed to the US. The one I play is fairly unique though. Famous course designer Donald Ross built it in the 1920's. Supposedly Bobby Jones and Sam Snead played there. That's just coming from older member I played with one day so not sure if it's true. http://www.triggs.us/courseinfo.html

It's a par 72 - 71.5/129/6522 from the blues. They really need to make the site more navigable though.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Both look lovely courses.

Ezra your par 3s must take some playing - they look tough. I always shoot my best scores when I can get 3s at the short holes, not sure I'd have a field day on your patch!

My home course has a website but alas no picture gallery. Only a description and map of each hole.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I used to live near a section of the M60 in Bilsborrow, north of Preston. I am actually returning next week for a couple of days to see old Uni mates. Am out for a couple of drinks in Manc. on the Wednesday night, actually.

have you ever been to Alton Towers, MG ? Perhaps it's not your bag, but I am going the next day - the Thursday. Cannot wait....!!! :)

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
M60 is a new-ish motorway that orbits manchester. M62 is the east to west motorway. Did you play anywhere in Cheshire?

Unfortunately not. That was back when my shoulder injury (from golfing 6 years ago) was still bothering me..

No, my wife and I took our vacation to the UK. 4 days in London being tourists, then 4 days in Cheshire County (stayed at a small farmhouse B&B about 15 minutes from Chester). Loved the area, very beautiful, and looks much like Cheshire, Oregon where my wife's family lives currently (her last name was Cheshire, so her family came from that part of Britain many generations back)...

May have a chance to play some golf in Ireland next year - K club, Carlton, possible PGA Ireland... We'll see. The best part is, the company will be paying!

Also trying to get the wife to play, so then we can do some golfing on vacations.

As I said, beautiful course. Next time I come by the UK, maybe I will look you up...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Geese KNOW they are safe on the golf course. You go out to hunt them, put out elaborate decoy setups. Hide in a camo blind in your camo clothes and not one flying. They're all living the life of Riley on the golf course!! I gave up goose hunting for that reason.

(But they sure are good to eat if you can get one!!!)

Members online

No members online now.