• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My home Course Pics.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Yes, there is that chance. There is still a bunch of land by the ocean that is just all trees. People have been talking about that situation for a while now. We just don't have the money to do it.

The White Point Beach Resort(Nova Scotia Resorts, White Point Beach Resort) just took us over this year. Thay own us now and they are really tryiing hard to make the course better.

This is just a trial thing though, they signed a one year contract with us to see if we make them money. If we don't they dont want us and the course will most likley be shut down. Unless of course someone wants to buy it.

We shall see if I have a place to work and golf next season. Everyone would hate to loose the course.

I find it hard to believe that such a beautiful course has financial problems. My only guess is that you don't have more play only because it is just a nine-holer.

It would seem to me that since there is available land, that a developer would acquire another 85 acres or so and finish it off.

If I lived where you do, I'd be all over that place. God the views are incredible...

So is it semi-private? Sounds like you and your buds are 'members' and are giving this new managment company a go at it...

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
I find it hard to believe that such a beautiful course has financial problems. My only guess is that you don't have more play only because it is just a nine-holer.

It would seem to me that since there is available land, that a developer would acquire another 85 acres or so and finish it off.

If I lived where you do, I'd be all over that place. God the views are incredible...

So is it semi-private? Sounds like you and your buds are 'members' and are giving this new managment company a go at it...

Yes, were semi-private. Only about 200 or so members.

The new management is doing a few good things and a bunch of stupid/bad things. We'll see how things work out.

IN April-May the pro shop only made a little more than 24K.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Plan on coming back this way anytime soon for a visit?.

Yup - 3 weeks in July/August back to my hometown in Cape Breton. It's a trip we make every year.
A buddy of mine and I are playing Highlands, Bell Bay and Dundee while there.

That is one of the most beautiful courses I have ever seen. It must be a treat to play...good photos TCG.?

Nova Scotia is dotted with gorgeous golf. 2 of the 3 I listed above are ranked in the top 40 in Canada, including the number 1 public course (and #7 overall - used to be #1 overall located in a National Park in the highlands) There are some posh clubs in the Halifax area also but don't have the ocean views that the White Point club has.

While I have never played Liverpool/White point when I lived in Halifax I can give you perhaps a sense of why it suffers from my point of view. Liverpool is nearly 2 hours from Halifax and my guess is people don't want to travel 2 hours for a 9 holer when they could play one of the dozen or so Metro clubs or venture 45 mins and play Granite Springs, Chester which is itself a gorgeous ocean venue, Hartlen Point, or head to the Valley and play Avon, Ken-Wo, etc.

And as far as the town of Liverpool goes, I would imagine that the White POint club is competeing directly with Osprey Ridge. It really is a challenge for this club with so many great golf courses within a 2 hour stretch.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Nova Scotia is dotted with gorgeous golf. 2 of the 3 I listed above are ranked in the top 40 in Canada, including the number 1 public course (and #7 overall - used to be #1 overall located in a National Park in the highlands) There are some posh clubs in the Halifax area also but don't have the ocean views that the White Point club has.

While I have never played Liverpool/White point when I lived in Halifax I can give you perhaps a sense of why it suffers from my point of view. Liverpool is nearly 2 hours from Halifax and my guess is people don't want to travel 2 hours for a 9 holer when they could play one of the dozen or so Metro clubs or venture 45 mins and play Granite Springs, Chester which is itself a gorgeous ocean venue, Hartlen Point, or head to the Valley and play Avon, Ken-Wo, etc.

And as far as the town of Liverpool goes, I would imagine that the White POint club is competeing directly with Osprey Ridge. It really is a challenge for this club with so many great golf courses within a 2 hour stretch.

I remember a Golf Digest article from a couple of years ago that rated the top 100 Courses in the World. Of course the U.S. had the most (not surprising since it has so many courses).

I also was not shocked to find that Scotland was 2nd. What really blew me away was that Canada tied Scotland for 2nd. I really learned something there, so I am not surprised about your report on the number of good courses....

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Yup - 3 weeks in July/August back to my hometown in Cape Breton. It's a trip we make every year.
A buddy of mine and I are playing Highlands, Bell Bay and Dundee while there.

I'd be willing to bet I could get up to Highlands to play a round with you. Good friend of mine is a member there and goes up almost every week. I would just have to know ahead of time when you were going to play and be there.

That's up to you of course. I Imagine it would be a fun little 4 some. And my friend and I were talking the other day about me getting up to the cape to play.

I have been up but only for 2 days and played Le Portage in a HS Trny. Like I said if you wanna try to hook up a game let me know.

____

Osprey is one of our big competitors. It was hard for members to get on the course last year with all the trnys and outings they had. They lost 40K last year. There not doing well either. That's were the Nova Scotia JR. trny is this year so I will be playing that thing quite a few times this year.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'd be willing to bet I could get up to Highlands to play a round with you. Good friend of mine is a member there and goes up almost every week. I would just have to know ahead of time when you were going to play and be there.

That's up to you of course. I Imagine it would be a fun little 4 some. And my friend and I were talking the other day about me getting up to the cape to play.

I have been up but only for 2 days and played Le Portage in a HS Trny. Like I said if you wanna try to hook up a game let me know.

____

Osprey is one of our big competitors. It was hard for members to get on the course last year with all the trnys and outings they had. They lost 40K last year. There not doing well either. That's were the Nova Scotia JR. trny is this year so I will be playing that thing quite a few times this year.

Friday July 27th is Highlands and Saturday the 28th is Dundee. My father in law and uncle will be joining us on Thurs the 26th for Bell Bay. You are more than welcome to join us for the other 2 rounds. It's quite a trip for you though... 5-6 hours...

Highlands Links - Ingonish Beach, Cape Breton

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Friday July 27th is Highlands and Saturday the 28th is Dundee. My father in law and uncle will be joining us on Thurs the 26th for Bell Bay. You are more than welcome to join us for the other 2 rounds. It's quite a trip for you though... 5-6 hours...

Highlands Links - Ingonish Beach, Cape Breton

Yeah, I know it is but my friend and I would make a week-weekend out of it. He has family in Ingonish we would stay with. He actually went back up this afternoon. I'll talk to him on wednesday about going up for the 27th.

He was born and raised in Ingonish.

🔥 Latest posts