• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My home Course Pics.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Some more from 4
course 068.jpg
course 070.jpg
course 073.jpg
course 075.jpg

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
1) 5 tee.

2)blue tees # 5. ( you can see the white tees further up and to the left.

3)looking back at 4 green while walking from 5 tee

4)5 fairway. Bout a 90º dog leg right :)
course 077.jpg
course 080.jpg
course 084.jpg
course 090.jpg

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
1) Short hitters end up around here. You can see the pin through the trees. Still #5.

2)Looking in on number 5. Long hitters can reach the corner. This is were my drive ended up.

3) 6 tee.

4)standing on 6 tee.
course 092.jpg
course 096.jpg
course 118.jpg
course 119.jpg

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
1) 7 tee

2)looking up 7 fairway.

3)about 190 out on # 7

4)right side of 7.

Thats as far as I got before the batterias in my camera died.

Ill get the last 2 hole and come shots of 7 green. That green is.. nuts..
course 145.jpg
course 153.jpg
course 156.jpg
course 158.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
No leaves and the greens still have some rough spots.

pics were taken ..about a week ago.

When I moved from Halifax to VT one of the first things I noticed (I moved in May), was how much sooner everything bloomed here.

Halifax and Burlington are on the same parallel, but it is much cooler in the spring/summer in NS due to ocean currents. Conversely, it's also a much milder winter than we get here in VT also. I think I prefer the NS climate to be honest, even though it was like 90 degrees here this week.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
When I moved from Halifax to VT one of the first things I noticed (I moved in May), was how much sooner everything bloomed here.

Halifax and Burlington are on the same parallel, but it is much cooler in the spring/summer in NS due to ocean currents. Conversely, it's also a much milder winter than we get here in VT also. I think I prefer the NS climate to be honest, even though it was like 90 degrees here this week.

We had a day of 91º alredy. Actually it was the day I took these pics. When I was all decked out in the white. Fricking HOT. I had to pull the fan out to work in the shop. I can't complain about our temperatures.

Plan on coming back this way anytime soon for a visit?.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
That is one of the most beautiful courses I have ever seen. It must be a treat to play...good photos TCG.

Is there any chance they could add another nine or is all the land already developed??

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
That is one of the most beautiful courses I have ever seen. It must be a treat to play...good photos TCG.

Is there any chance they could add another nine or is all the land already developed??

Yes, there is that chance. There is still a bunch of land by the ocean that is just all trees. People have been talking about that situation for a while now. We just don't have the money to do it.

The White Point Beach Resort(Nova Scotia Resorts, White Point Beach Resort) just took us over this year. Thay own us now and they are really tryiing hard to make the course better.

This is just a trial thing though, they signed a one year contract with us to see if we make them money. If we don't they dont want us and the course will most likley be shut down. Unless of course someone wants to buy it.

We shall see if I have a place to work and golf next season. Everyone would hate to loose the course.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
What's the name of the course? White Point Beach?

I think my grandpa might of played there a while ago...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Yes, there is that chance. There is still a bunch of land by the ocean that is just all trees. People have been talking about that situation for a while now. We just don't have the money to do it.

The White Point Beach Resort(Nova Scotia Resorts, White Point Beach Resort) just took us over this year. Thay own us now and they are really tryiing hard to make the course better.

This is just a trial thing though, they signed a one year contract with us to see if we make them money. If we don't they dont want us and the course will most likley be shut down. Unless of course someone wants to buy it.

We shall see if I have a place to work and golf next season. Everyone would hate to loose the course.

Sounds like we all need to make a roadtrip to NS for a golf weekend to insure your profitablity! :D

I'd love to play there. I just love "old school" courses where they design the course around the lay of the land and local features rather than level it and start from scratch. To me that's what really gives a golf course it's character.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
That 3rd green was an easy chip! just throw it back onto that slope and let it come back down to the hole!:)

That 3rd green looks like fun. Im guna have to show you boys a picturesque golf course, ill post a few pics I have from last summer here in a minute.

Although im jealous cause im sure you get a lot more wind there than on my course, we get some good wind being on a river, but not as much as you would be getting on the ocean:D

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
That 3rd green was an easy chip! just throw it back onto that slope and let it come back down to the hole!:)

You can get some nasty angles though. Ever have to play a chip shot safe/lay it up?. I have. It's a bitch to putt on too.

Members online

No members online now.