• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My home course reopened!!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
YAY!! It's not the greatest course in the world but I enjoy it. Closed last year as the result of mismanagement & quite simply the bills weren't getting paid. The course is now owned by the bank after foreclosure & has been for sale but with no buyers. The village wants it to remain a golf course & they along with the bank brought in someone who previously worked for both Chula Vista as well as Trappers Turn in the Dells. They figured a decent golf course that's actually open might attract a buyer easier than a closed one.

The crew working now has done a pretty decent job in a short amount of time, the tee boxes are in good shape, the greens are the best I have seen there & there is actual nice sand in the bunkers instead of weeds & rocks.

They also improved the longest set of tee boxes which have never been used in the 3 years I have been playing there.

Played 9 holes after work playing from those new tee boxes & had a great time. Driver was so-so hitting 5 out of 7 fairways, but my short game was excellent for some reason. 95-120 yds out I was nailing every green.

Started out kinda slow with 4 bogeys but then it went par,birdie, par,par,par for a decent 39 against a par 36.

Happy they are open again & will be playing there a lot, $10 to walk 9 holes is a steal.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
it's just a 9 hole course but there is talk of it being expanded into an 18 holer, there is plenty of land to do that.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.