• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My huge lie....I'm so sorry...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I'm coming clean.

Earlier this month, I put a thread titled "Final Round of the Year".

I woke up today to sunshine and no wind. A few semi-privates are still open, so i'm giving it one more go. We have a tee time for this afternoon. Forecast calls for highs of +16 and winds out of the SW at 5km/hr. You can't ask for better than that for this time of year.

I just needed to get this twisted, burning sense of fabrication that I had delivered earlier this month.

And, for that, I apologize. :D

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Too bad DOGB didn't pick ya. You could've played with all 12 balls and spent the rest of your long cold desolate winter writing your review.

Too harsh? Sorry. :p

Glad your getting to play. Now you can let us know how you like the 30s.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Too bad DOGB didn't pick ya. You could've played with all 12 balls and spent the rest of your long cold desolate winter writing your review.

Too harsh? Sorry. :p

Glad your getting to play. Now you can let us know how you like the 30s.

I have one round with the 30's. I need new shafts. They came with R300's (stupid, stupid me), hence all my shaft swap questions. I'm gonna re-do them with a set of Rifle Flighted 5.5's, and have them splined. I had my driver shaft splined and it feels outstanding.

But that's a winter project. Today is just about having fun and feeling the sun on my face for one last time before Father Winter continually punches me in the guts until my organs liquify and leak down my leg.

Other than that, Saskatchewan is great! LOL. :D

R35

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Well, I'm coming clean.

Earlier this month, I put a thread titled "Final Round of the Year".

I woke up today to sunshine and no wind. A few semi-privates are still open, so i'm giving it one more go. We have a tee time for this afternoon. Forecast calls for highs of +16 and winds out of the SW at 5km/hr. You can't ask for better than that for this time of year.

I just needed to get this twisted, burning sense of fabrication that I had delivered earlier this month.

And, for that, I apologize. :D

R35

Yeah, you should be sorry! ;)

I don't believe you lied to us! I thought we were your friends... :(

JK. Lol :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Scotty01292 said:
Yeah, you should be sorry! ;)

I don't believe you lied to us! I thought we were your friends... :(

JK. Lol :D

Ya, that was pretty anus-ish of me. :D

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Come to Chattanooga for the winter. You can stay in the kids' tree house (I'll even run an extension cord out to you), and I'll let you ride the motorcycle for trips off the mountain.

Does it get any better than that?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I have one round with the 30's. I need new shafts. They came with R300's (stupid, stupid me), hence all my shaft swap questions. I'm gonna re-do them with a set of Rifle Flighted 5.5's, and have them splined. I had my driver shaft splined and it feels outstanding.

But that's a winter project. Today is just about having fun and feeling the sun on my face for one last time before Father Winter continually punches me in the guts until my organs liquify and leak down my leg.

R35

The guest room off the garage will be there when you're ready. You can stay out there but gf can stay in the house with me and the goldens. Please be sure to give me enough notice so I can send the wife away to see family.

We could even play some golf. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:

R35

You sure 5.5 will be stiff enough? I thought 6.0 was the standard for stiff. Are the flighted rifles stiffer? I find it hard to imagine someone who loves the Blue so much in his driver would like a soft flex in his irons?? I conidered some rifle shafts in the past but couldn't figure all the naming. I read your thread on this subject before and became even more confused....

I'll stick with the S300's ;)

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Rockford35 said:

R35
But that's our secret. We don't too many damn foreigners spoiling things and cluttering up our courses.;)

Glad to hear you're managing to squeeze another late-season round. I went out yesterday and I'll be going out again on Thursday.

My course closes on Sunday, but Moon Lake stays open pretty much until the snow flies.

By the way, does Davidson have a golf course?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Big Brother Dunk said:
But that's our secret. We don't too many damn foreigners spoiling things and cluttering up our courses.;)

Glad to hear you're managing to squeeze another late-season round. I went out yesterday and I'll be going out again on Thursday.

My course closes on Sunday, but Moon Lake stays open pretty much until the snow flies.

By the way, does Davidson have a golf course?

I dunno. They might have a 9 holer. (I just checked, they do, a 9 hole grass green course. No details on it tho...)

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VtDivot said:
You sure 5.5 will be stiff enough? I thought 6.0 was the standard for stiff. Are the flighted rifles stiffer? I find it hard to imagine someone who loves the Blue so much in his driver would like a soft flex in his irons?? I conidered some rifle shafts in the past but couldn't figure all the naming. I read your thread on this subject before and became even more confused....

I'll stick with the S300's ;)

The S300's play to about a 5.7-5.8 Ii've been told. But i've also heard from people that have been told that 6.0's play stiffer in taper tip. I rode the fence and decided on 5.5's, the best of both worlds.

Shot par today with the regulars. Maybe I won't switch them out...:D

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Rockford35 said:

R35

I hate you dude. I wanna be just like you when I grow up (minus the sheep thing, I think). I love you. I hate you... I lo....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
The S300's play to about a 5.7-5.8 Ii've been told. But i've also heard from people that have been told that 6.0's play stiffer in taper tip. I rode the fence and decided on 5.5's, the best of both worlds.

R35

Only par, what a loser. :p

I'm playing later today but I'll be hoping to break 90. Who knows after 8 weeks off but at least the weather will be perfect. Mid 70s and no wind.

🔥 Latest posts