• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My iron shopping result (Ping irons! Noooo!)

Jun 24, 2006
Well, the plan was to hit the X forged, like them, get fitted, and order a set from work at cost price:D.

Well things went off track from the start. I didn't like the things. Felt good, looked great, but I hit them everywhere.

I asked if I could have an X forged that was 2 flat from the fitting cart but all they had was a Ping S58 that was bent 2º flat.

Well crap. Did I ever love this iron from the first swing.

Looks great from address, feels great when you hit it on the screws, and I was extreamly consistent with it. I was carrying the ping 175ish and the X forged 160ish something and they both ended up around 180. Ping is defiantly the way to go from those 2 choices.

Hmm..I know it's not me liking them because that's what everyone is playing and saying good things about them because..I don't know anything about the clubs..and Haven't read anything!

So I didn't buy anything as I was blindsided by how much I liked the pings and thought I better sleep on it..for half a month..before I go back to hit some more balls..and get fit for what ever I choose.

Anyone play the S 58?:faintthud

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, if it has to be Ping...

Nothing wrong with the S58. I really have loved that line. Thought the S59 looked great.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Most of the pros play those instead of the G or i series. Someday, I'd like to try them but I doubt I'm good enough for them.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Our Club champ uses them and loves them. He plays off 1 and is very good obviously but he did tell me how great they feel and I've seen him arrowing shots into the greens with plenty of spin etc.

If you like them, why not? As far as Pings go these are the ticket.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online