• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My journey.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
So, ive come to some sort of realization. Im fat, out of shape, and an alcoholic.

First off, havent touched a drink in 6 days. I plan on not drinking a drop untill the 4th, then drinking once every other week. I dont miss it at all.

Secondly, I stopped eating like a lard-ass. Clean eating, skinless chicken, tuna, wheat bread, etcetc.

My last plan of action is trying this P90X jazz, as of right now, im almost 225. I do have pictures and such, but will wait for results before i post them. I should recieve it in the next two days, but ive been doing the workout plans from it I could find online, and let me tell you. Im going to die.

Im not looking for praises or anything (I have only myself to blame for this anyways) but rather a more of a, the more people that know the more i feel i'd let down. Pictures will be up in 30,60, and 90 days :thumbs up:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Do P90X.

At 225 you will get ripped and strong! I was only 165 when I did it so I didn't have much to lose, when I finished I was 154, which is prob a little light but I shed all the flab and felt great.

You'll feel great, because you will be eating better and there is some great cardio in there also.

We're starting up again after July 1 - so I can help with the motivation if you want

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I was skeptical, but after youtubing some real life results and seeing people go from 290 to 200 in 6 months, this stuff might be real. I took the cheap route. Bought the DVDs off ebay, and dled all the books and paperwork as PDF. saved me over 100$. Hopefully will still be enough.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
C'mon ya big dork, DO IT! :)

Good for ya, and good on ya there Cross.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was skeptical, but after youtubing some real life results and seeing people go from 290 to 200 in 6 months, this stuff might be real. I took the cheap route. Bought the DVDs off ebay, and dled all the books and paperwork as PDF. saved me over 100$. Hopefully will still be enough.

no skeptacism here...

as127.photobucket.com_albums_p158_VTDivot_P90X_Front.jpg

as127.photobucket.com_albums_p158_VTDivot_P90X_Side.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
P90X makes good biological sense. Just make sure you don't diet too much. Do not NOT eat. When you're working out that seriously, you should eat better, but NOT less. You're going to burn HUGE amounts of calories. Having more muscle is going to burn more inherently, and your metabolism is going to get floored.

Great work all around, Crossfire. I'm especially glad to hear about the drinking. There's so much to take in about life- don't lose another day being wasted.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Great work all around, Crossfire. I'm especially glad to hear about the drinking. There's so much to take in about life- don't lose another day being wasted.

Nothing wrong with indulging once in a while. Watch that South Park where Stan's dad becomes an alcoholic. The key is control.

For a spiritual benefit, something that has given some friend's I know in similar situations insight, I'd say pick up and read some Daoist/Taoist works. Pretty interesting.

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Tryed my first workout tonight, got through 44 mins before I had to stop and hunch over the toilet thinking I was going to upchuck. I was proud of myself suprisingly, I did do every exersize to complete failure (including dropping to knees for any variations of pushups I couldnt complete)

Thanks for the support guys, Its a very nice feeling knowing that I am able to not need a drink, hell I havent even wanted one. Although since my social life revolved around bars/poolhalls/etc, Im noticing a very odd bordem. Hopefully i'll find something somewhat productive and social to replace this with.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Way to go dude, getting that much excersize is refreshing, in a way.

Just keep at the bit, the more you make it a habit, the easier it is. For social life, just frequent more "healthy" activities. Parks, school with less party-focused kids...high schools for the young girls...NO...gah...The Jeff has a one track mind.

Seriously though, keep this up you'll be stealing MC's wife (suprisingly easy) in no time.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
I'm seriously considering doing the workouts. I just can't follow the diet plan due to crazy work schedules, but I'm gonna cut out the junk food and sodas.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Sounds like you're on a good path, Crossfire...keep following it!!

Way to go dude, getting that much excersize is refreshing, in a way.

Just keep at the bit, the more you make it a habit, the easier it is. For social life, just frequent more "healthy" activities. Parks, school with less party-focused kids...high schools for the young girls...NO...gah...The Jeff has a one track mind.

Seriously though, keep this up you'll be stealing MC's wife (suprisingly easy) in no time.
Hey, HEY!! Don't call her easy!! I'M the easy one!! :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Do it now. Trust me, it gets harder to get serious about diet and exercise as you get older - way harder. If you can start developing good habits (and habits are the key) then you will be way ahead of the game when you get into middle-age.

Glad to hear you're taking control of your life even more than you already have.

🔥 Latest posts