• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My legacy?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This thread makes me feel old. Older maybe.

Good to see some of you jerks are still around here. ;)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
This thread makes me feel old. Older maybe.

Good to see some of you jerks are still around here. ;)
Be honest Rock,
You are saying this Forum makes you feel old. lol

That is not a shot. I retired at age 37 in 2002. I was in IT/IS and designed intranet forums at one point for companies. I never participated in Social Media through the likes of Facebook, Twitter, etc. and am proud to say so for that reason. I knew it would be a shit show for things like politics, religion, etc.

I can even date myself back to when I did Bulletin Boards on Prodigy, when I was high faluting in getting a 2400 baud modem.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Be honest Rock,
You are saying this Forum makes you feel old. lol

That is not a shot. I retired at age 37 in 2002. I was in IT/IS and designed intranet forums at one point for companies. I never participated in Social Media through the likes of Facebook, Twitter, etc. and am proud to say so for that reason. I knew it would be a shit show for things like politics, religion, etc.

I can even date myself back to when I did Bulletin Boards on Prodigy, when I was high faluting in getting a 2400 baud modem.
A couple years ago, I hired a student to work for us over the summer. He was going to do some digital work for us, and some of it involved scanning 35mm slides to put into a photo catalog. He literally had no idea what a slide was. Had never seen one, hadn't even heard of it. That was the first time I realized that I am old, a bridge between two generations.

Now, all that said, does that now mean I can play from the white tees?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Or the old joke. Guy trying to use a $2 bill in McDonald's. Clerks never seen one before

Clerk: I need to get my manager. Clerk: I think this guy is using counterfeit money Manager: Why would anyone counterfeit a $2 bill? lol

Yes, that is a picture of a $2 bill that has been rolled up on my kitchen window sill for like the last 20 years for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_8895.jpeg
    IMG_8895.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Or the old joke. Guy trying to use a $2 bill in McDonald's. Clerks never seen one before

Clerk: I need to get my manager. Clerk: I think this guy is using counterfeit money Manager: Why would anyone counterfeit a $2 bill? lol

Yes, that is a picture of a $2 bill that has been rolled up on my kitchen window sill for like the last 20 years for some reason
A friend and I had partnered a golf cart for quite a few years. About 4 years ago, we decided to sell the cart and go our separate ways. Advertised it and it quickly sold. When the buyer picked it up, he paid us in green cash. $500 was in $2 dollar bills. I kept those and put them in the safe deposit box. Pulled them out a few months ago. They are bundled just as they came from a bank with consecutive serial numbers. Not worth much more than face value, but the kids can argue over them when we're gone.
Also about $800 in coins in the box. I have to warn the ladies when they retrieve the box that it's heavy. Kennedy halves, Mercury dimes, Sacajawea dollars, Anthony dollars. Again, nothing special that's worth much more than even double face value. Not worth messing with.

Members online

No members online now.