• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My longest drive.......

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So I had my longest drive yesterday.. Wasn't pretty, but suprised the hell outta me.

#2 hole, 364 yard - Par 4.. Sorta dog leg left. I hit my drive, and just CRUSHED it. I'm normally 240-255 I'd guess when I hit it flush.

My ball kinda got pushed a little right, and stayed straight into the heavy wind. Ended up carrying JUST to the top of a high lipped fairway bunker, and glanced off the top of the bunker and just shot off the top like a bullet.

I hit a provisional, as I didn't know if I'd find the ball near the cart path and the woods on the right.

As we got to our balls, I noticed a ball JUST off the green, sitting perfectly in the middle, with the pin up front. Guy I was with had gps, and we figured the drive was around 335 or so.. Couldn't figure out what the ball hit, or if it rode the cart path, or something, but the ball wasn't gashed up. Granted it wasn't all me, but I figure I might have gotten it close to 270 or more to the bunker, and then whatever it hit to rocket off the lip.

Ended up chipping it up with the 56* within a foot, and tapped in for a birdie.

I was riding off that hole for quite a while and ended up shooting decent, considering it was wet as hell out there, bunkers full of water in some holes, 15-30mph winds, and a course I've never played before.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
So I had my longest drive yesterday.. Wasn't pretty, but suprised the hell outta me.

#2 hole, 364 yard - Par 4.. Sorta dog leg left. I hit my drive, and just CRUSHED it. I'm normally 240-255 I'd guess when I hit it flush.

Nice drive, as sling basically said, better to be lucky than good.

And 240-255 yd drives are fantastic, a lot of golfers would give their left nut to be able to hit that distance consistantly.

PureStroke

Oct 10, 2008
Great drive Fat ,dont those just give you a boost of birdie adrenaline. Shots like that always have you comin back for more ehh:thumbs up:

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I normally was 200-210-220 ish.. Depending on conditions, and all of that.

I was all arms, rarely any hips. I missed inside ALOT.

Infact, I got some of that hit tape from the golf store. Put it on the driver. I played 9, and never hit the middle of the driver, but pounded the shit out of the toe and heel.

By starting from scratch, I got my set up right, and a swing I can repeat pretty close each time. Removed my hands from the equation, and I hit the sweetspot alot more now.

I attribute that to the gain in distance I found, and I'm always over 200 now, and generally in the 240ish range in carry, and sometimes a little under and over that average.

It messed with me once I got that all set. I was used to hitting from the same area of fairway(or rough!!) and once I started getting the ball flush, I was way past were i normally was, and instead of grabbing for a 5-6 to approach on the longer holes, I'm 7-8-9 depending, and grabbing for PW's and 56*s on the short holes.

Really gets you fired up I tell ya'.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Great drive Fat ,dont those just give you a boost of birdie adrenaline. Shots like that always have you comin back for more ehh:thumbs up:

Damn right.. Ended up Bogey, Birdie, Par, Par, Double, Triple(GD OB), Par, Par, Bogey on the front.

Fluke it was, but I capitalized on my good fortune. :)

Now if I can get one of those fluke putts to hit a leaf and break ever so slightly into the hole. :)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I normally was 200-210-220 ish.. Depending on conditions, and all of that.

I was all arms, rarely any hips. I missed inside ALOT.

Last yearI was the same way, didn't even realize I was really using just my arms to swing. Hit the golf show in Madison this past Feb & got on a launch monitor there. Hit a few & the teacher/instructor told me I was using just my arms & wasn't hinging my wrists properly. Just from the small amount of advice I have worked on it all year long & it jas paid off.

🔥 Latest posts